• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC grainy photos when developing

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've just decided to upgrade to lightroom Classic. Probably should have waited. All of my photos now have an unnatural (non added effect or from high ISO) amount of grain or banding in them as what it used to look like in the old Lightroom CC when the photo was loading. Now what happens is I'll switch to a photo and it'll be fine for about 2 seconds then the banding/noise appears. Fortunately is doesn't follow along when exporting the file. Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing. The top part is what is being rendered in Lightroom Classic and the bottom half is the same section of the photo zoomed in slightly more with no banding/noise. This needs to be fixed asap. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 10.46.50 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad it helped! We had a h*ll of a time trying to figure it out and everything kept saying my ISO was wrong even though it was low and looked amazing in lightroom. So happy we were able to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what size you saved it as that would be better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save my photos from lightroom it asks "Full Size" or "Small". The file is approx 2MB, however I'm sure you can save it as a larger file, but too large will appear grainy on the computer. A larger file is obviously better if you're blowing the picture up for a canvas and such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! You are the only one that has found the solution after days of searching. I've been struggling for a week trying to figure this out and it has been a nightmare. Everyone was giving horrrible solutions like "did you change the sharpness", OF COURSE I CHANGED IT FOR THE 1000 PHOTOS I JUST IMPORTED. Sorry for such a hectice reply but thank you so so so much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've started having this problem after a recent upgrade of lightroom classic and since I recently changed camera
as well I was first wondering if it could be some settings issue, until I discovered the wierd 2s of good quality
before it goes all grainy. It says it's release 10.2 with camera raw 13.2.

None of the solutions I've found in this chain seem to work. Did anyone have this problem after the recent update and discovered another issue ? My files are very large, but that was the whole purpose of getting a new camera...

Help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Niels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact issue right now. Were you able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kairsis, what worked for me was going into settings (preferences) - performance - and disabling using your graphics processor. Also, I noticed that my photos only turn super grainy in develop mode, and then if I edit to accommodate that, when I exit develop mode, they are too soft. So I would double check which area of Lightroom you're seeing the issue in just so you don't export soft photos. But the graphics processor thing really helped. Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the GPU did not help me.  Furthermore, I noticed I have the same problem with Topaz Photo AI.  Therefore, I believe the problem is more likely with the latest version of Camera Raw than with Lightroom.

Lightroom version: 7.0 x64 [ 20230927-2320-8b251c5 ] (Sep 27 2023

Operating system: Windows 11
OS Version: Windows 11 Home (2009)
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (30.0.15.1278) - 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines