Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC Keeps Crashing!

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Forum,

I recently updated to Lightroom Classic CC last week. And, yes, it's faster. Yes, it's better. Until it crashes. And crashes. Then crashes again. And crashes, again. And, again. And.....Yep, you guessed it; again and again. In one sitting, in one day, in about a six hour time period, Lightroom Classic CC has "quit unexpectedly" EIGHT TIMES. And now, everyday, it crashes about every half hour or so. What's up guys? This is really janking up my workflow! It saves my current work when it crashes. so, I'm not losing my work. But, I'm losing my patience, tolerance, and my professional respect for this application. Constant crashing and reopening of Lightroom is frustrating, aggravating, disturbing my workflow and quite frankly, STUPID. Is anyone else having this issue? And, if so, have you found a resolution? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Would love to know a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank god it's not just me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the 'Use GPU' in Performance. It is only of possible use if you have 4 or 5K monitors. Not guaranteed even then; depends on what graphics card and drivers you have. It works with some and not others.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. Mine is turned off. Still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: "Turn off the 'Use GPU' in Performance. It is only of possible use if you have 4 or 5K monitors. Not guaranteed even then; depends on what graphics card and drivers you have. It works with some and not others."

This worked for me too.

Symptom was a hard crash when cropping in Lightroom Classic CC.

Using Chipset Model:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFEMick  wrote

RE: "Turn off the 'Use GPU' in Performance. It is only of possible use if you have 4 or 5K monitors. Not guaranteed even then; depends on what graphics card and drivers you have. It works with some and not others."

Don't understand this remark. GPU can be disabled on ANY computer system. It is NOT limited to those systems with 4K/5K monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, remark was a reference to a previous recommendation provided by Bob Frost in his post of Oct 31, 2017 1:38 PM.

Just quoted it as it was back in time and might not be obvious.  Sorry if it was confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Update Version from today 24.04.18 is still crashing all the time.
My Lightroom is freezing since a few updates. And it not my mashine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no rhyme or reason for the crash, seems to happen for no reason.  This is the first time I have had any problems with LR ever!  So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening to me too. I noticed it happens every time I’m importing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to update to version 7.1 and check again.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to Lightroom CC 2015 and now it’s working again. No plans on updating the app until Adobe fixes this bug.

It messed with my workflow really badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get past the reading preferences part of start up, crashes every time and the crash report provides no apparent fix- I've had nothing but bother since the update and removal of the old Lightroom and its Classic replacement - Classic Garbage if you ask me - I wasn't even given the choice. This apparent switch of interest away from Classic to the cloud based Lightroom by Adobe is suspiciously cynical. I've seen a few threads on here and not one valid and useful response from the company itself. A company that we all pay good money for its products might I add. Where's your customer service Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!! Crashes at different time! This really sucks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got creative cloud and my Lightroom keeps crashing too, during the import process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was fine until I updated my iMac OS and now LR crashes when I open it.....grrrrrrr!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even start it. It just disappears down to running process. I've had 3 different support people remote in and do the same thing (delete, reinstall and so on).

Still not working since forced update to LR classic cc. PS works fine though. And. I have the same issue on 2 different PC's both win 10 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, me too. this happens alot during import. It quits in the middle. When i reopen the catalog it looses what it had already imported and i have to start from scratch. Terrible when i have heaps of jobs i have to go through from the weekend.

HELP WITH THIS PLEASE ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a serious problem. Mine kept crashing when I exited and again when I started it again - it loaded up OK after a few attempts. However it has now crashed again and the desktop shortcut has gone blank and it will not start at all.

I'm relieved to see that it 's not just me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue with the crashes, it seems to happen when I'm importing new images. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeps happening to me too.
I had it crash on me, while importing photos, 8 times in the past 30 minutes.

I uninstalled it and installed Lightroom Classic again.
Apparently that fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it keeps crashing still.
Just crashed again mid import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Bob Frost’s fix above and it stopped crashing for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines