• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC print module deletes photos from layout after filtering in filmstrip

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

To preview an Instagram feed grid, I created a template in the Print Module of LR CC. I can then drag photos from my filmstrip and move the tiles around to see what fits best. I also have my photos color labeled, flagged and ranked into different categories. However, if I want to filter the filmstrip based on these categories (for instance, flagged red labeled photos), LR removes all photos from the print file that do not meet this criterium (for instance, flagged yellow labeled photos). If I then turn off all filters, the photos do not return. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I would really like to be able to change the filters so that I can pick a photo from a certain category without having to go through all the photos from my collection while keeping the rest of the print file intact.

Thanks in advance for your help! I apologize if this issue has been raised before, I haven't been able to find it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

That is the way it works.  The photos you use in the Print Module must be in the Filmstrip.  When you filter some photos disappear and they also are removed from your Custom Package layout.   There is a way to do this though although it is kind of convoluted but logical😀

1  In Library grid mode open the File menu and enable (check) the top three menu items in sequence.  "Enable Filters   Lock Filters   and   Rember........."

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 3.48.12 PM.jpg

2. Go into the Print Module and in Collections hit the + and then sele

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the way it works.  The photos you use in the Print Module must be in the Filmstrip.  When you filter some photos disappear and they also are removed from your Custom Package layout.   There is a way to do this though although it is kind of convoluted but logical😀

1  In Library grid mode open the File menu and enable (check) the top three menu items in sequence.  "Enable Filters   Lock Filters   and   Rember........."

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 3.48.12 PM.jpg

2. Go into the Print Module and in Collections hit the + and then select "Create Print".  The collection will have a Printer looking icon by it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 3.59.04 PM.jpg

3. Go to Library/Grid and select the Print Collection you just created and make sure is has NO FILTERS.

4. From now on if you want to change the photos for the custom layout you are doing DO NOT filter in the Print Module and DO NOT use the PRINT button at the top or a shortcut to select the Print Module.  ALWAYS just double click the Print collection in Library.  Also DO NOT apply a filter to the Print collection.  

5 To change what is in the Print collection, you can go to any other Folder or Collection in Library/Grid and filter all you want.  Then drag the photos into the Print collection.  Then double click the Print collection to reenter the Print module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, sir, are a legend indeed. Thank you so much for this detailed explanation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jellek7883846 

Glad you got it working😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines