• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC "Sorry, something went wrong" on startup

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit reinstall after SDD failure, so had to re-install all applications. LR now starts, then shows a blank window (so no idea what is happening) with a spinning icon, then after a few minutes throws a "Sorry, Something went wrong" error and after I click [Dismiss] LR shuts down. This occurs every time.

I have uninstalled through the CC Panel and re-installed: no change --- I get a choice of catalog, but even if I select the new empty catalog rather than my main 3Gb catalog, same problem occurs.
In spite of sending Adobe the error logs several times over the last week, I've received zero response.

I've not located a similar problem documented with a solution in the support community pages.

My CC account is up-to-date so it's not an account problem.

Photoshop CC throws the same problem.

Thanks for assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Perhaps you could try creating a different user account on your computer -- not a different Adobe account -- and see if the software launches there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the troubleshooting guide suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which?

New Windows installation, so all Windows updates included

New LR/ PS install so no plug-ins
New LR/ PS install so latest version

Can't access any LR/ PS menus so can't change preferences nor optimize performance

Can't reset to defaults: SHFT+CTRL+Click --> Windows app/ icon settings, not LR preference reset dialog

Adobe CC account is ok

Windows Account is 'new' so no weird settings

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fresh MS Windows install does not guarantee all parts of the OS are up to date. Oh, they probably are, but..

No, guarantee that your GPU driver is even correct much less up to date.

Same with all the little drivers for chip set, on board vga, sound, network, USB, SATA, etc.

For MS Windows, repeatdly bring up the Security and Updates, until nothing reports. (Some updated result in additional updates)

For your motherboard drivers, if this is not a home built rig, then the company it came from (Dell, HP, etc) will have a support page for that, probably with a auto check option.

The GPU, same thing, but say you have a ASUS Nivida GPU, do not go to ASUS, go instead to Nivida.

Also, do you have some sort of computer maintance / repair program such as iolo System mechanic?

Did the reinstall involve replacing the hard drive? If not, did it involve a new partition? If no, then components of failed installs might still be on that hard drive, you may Need to start over.

Ok, that was just to wordy, and full of iPad typos (yes I will blame the iPad)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jcase_au  wrote

Which?

This troubleshooting guide:

2019-01-16 06_51_03-Start.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dj_paige

If you noted the comments under this question, you'll see I did read through the troubleshooting guide and had already done the actions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jcase_au  wrote

Hi dj_paige

If you noted the comments under this question, you'll see I did read through the troubleshooting guide and had already done the actions...

I don't see where you said this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame on me, clearly I just glanced at your posted screenshot. Clearly implies a network or connectivity issue

consider : Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

look at the part about Network and Connectivity.

Also, this link, including both network issues and Adobe account issues

Troubleshoot licensing issues | CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, how many computers do you have these programs on? And have you logged into Adobe.co, and signed in and managed your account?

Even if just one, wondering if you need to deactivate the old instance of your prevous computers existence. Yes, I know same case, same motherboard, same CPU, same GPU, same MAC address for the NIC, and probably same computer name. But, a new install. Not sure if Adobe looks for a file on the computer for authentication and is getting confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've deactivated the link to the account on the old PC (new tech shop doing the Windows re-installation did renamed this PC).

The network connection test returned 'pong' so it's not a failure to connect to the registration server.

I currently have 15ms ping, 85mb/s download and 1.5mbs upload speeds to my ISP so no general connectivity/ performance issues.

No change in behaviour on starting LR

Note this is what I'm seeing:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spinning wheel.

Trying to remember what link deals with that.

In the back of my head, one solution involves bringing up th Adobe Creative Cloud Dektop, signing out, the signing in.

might look at: How to fix the issue of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app not opening or showing a spinning progress ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged out of CC: the LR dialog then displays the CC account login.

I login through this dialog, and it goes back to a blank box with the intermittently occasionally spinning icon, then times out and LR crashes as before.

I've restated the PC and re-done all the above with no change in symptoms.

I've downloaded and run the AdobeLimitedAccessRepairTool. It found zero repairs; then restarted again: no change.

Note from your link above the CC app itself has run faultlessly.

I've deleted everything from the OOBE folder (3 x files wouldn't delete) and then restarted LR.

After login forced through the dialog, the same symptoms recur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, I think you tried this before, but this time with procedures

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, uninstall all Creative Cloud apps (Photoshop CC, LightRoom CC, Lightroom Classic CC, ACR)

2. From your MS Windows uninstall any leftover instances of the programs (new PC? Should be none, but check)

3. Run the Adobe CC cleanup tool. And when you do that, remove everything it offers.

4. Run a maintance app like iolo System Mechanic.

5. Put it all back together, one app at a time. For example, reinstall just Lightroom Classic CC via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, test, before PS, before etc.

To, other members. I am sure I am missing something. For one a Adobe link on uninstalling the software in prep for reinstalling, and guidance on the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, preventing an automatic install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In process of doing this now (Sunday)

1. Uninstalled LR Classic CC & PS (no LR CC, no other apps installed through CC; other than Adobe Reader free edition)

2. Downloaded and ran Adobe Creative Cloud Cleanup app and removed 'All'

3. Also ran the 'Creative Cloud Limited Access Repair Tool' app.

4. I use CCleaner Pro and cleaned up temp files/ cache, fixed registry and checked no traces showing up in 'Uninstall' screen (other than the CC app itself)

5. Reinstall LR Classic CC only through the Creative Cloud app.

6. Launch LR - same problem recurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've repeated the whole exercise, but uninstalled the creative Cloud app and Adobe reader before running the clean-ups as before. Then installed the CC app and then PS CC through the app. Nothing else.

Logged out of my account in the CC app, then started PS:

I get the account login screen, log in, then get the endless spinning icon on a blank screen in front of the PS "welcome to Photoshop. We're glad you're here" displayed behind.

So:

It's not a LR-specific problem, it's an account-related problem, but the account is fine through the CC app, and through a browser, so I'm not locked out.

It's not strictly an app crash problem, it eventually times out in PS CC (and did so much faster in LR Classic CC)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could try creating a different user account on your computer -- not a different Adobe account -- and see if the software launches there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was thinking about whether to create another account; as it's a home PC and has only a single account I'm a bit reluctant.

Note LR and PS work fine on a second work PC using the same Adobe account. It still leave me with an unresolved problem of cause and resolution of the main problem.

One thing I didn't-- and don't want to --- do was regedit every mention of Adobe LR & PS out, as such large-scale registry editing is a problem with often unintended consequences.

I would still welcome some direct engagement from Adobe on this (unless you two assisting work fro Adobe Support?): I sent them log files through the LR crash dialog, but have seen no evidence of any direct engagement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating another user account is a diagnostic tool. You will learn something no matter what happens. It's entirely up to you if you want to spend the (probably less than) 10 minutes to do this.

You are not talking to Adobe here, you will get very little suppport (if any) from Adobe from this forum. Yes, sometimes, seemingly at random, an Adobe person will stop by and say something useful, (more often they appear and don't say anything useful) but it's rare and you can't depend on it. You need tocontact Adobe directly, either in the other forum, or via chat or phone. Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok it looks like the problem is solved!

I created another account, restarted, logged into this account, then started LR.

It asked for a login to the Adobe account, then threw up a screen asking which pre-existing access to log out of to enable this PC to be logged in. One was the old name of the same PC; the tech's either renamed (or let it default) when they reinstalled Windows 10 64-bit.

After logging out of that 'device' LR started in 'first use' mode, clicked through, then allowed me to load my main catalogue and continued to work.

I then logged out of this new account and re-logged into the previous account. LR now works.

PS CC also works..

I suspect then that somewhere in Adobe CC it had retained a record that indicated the PC was still using an account handle, even though through the Adobe CC website I had previously removed the old PC name from the active list. Maybe it maps to some other PC information(?) and this was causing CC to be unable to complete the account verification process. Just a 'guess'.

Thanks for your assistance.

We got there in the end; very much relieved.

Now about those 7,500 photos work through...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came across this problem recently and tried everything mentioned here and more.
The way I managed to fix this was by removing my "Activated Devices" from this page here: https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices 

Screenshot 2023-01-02 111905.png
This instantly fixed this issue and I was able to open Lightroom Classic without the "Something went wrong" error apprearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines