Exit

Lightroom CLassic closing without warning while publishing to Flickr

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic Version 11.2

Windows PC, Windows 10 Pro 21H2

For context, I recently installed a new CPU (Ryzen 7 5800X) and motherboard into my machine, and concurrently had to Reset Windows for an unrelated issue. After the reset, I had to reinstall all my adobe products. My CPU and RAM is overclocked, however I don't experience any issues in any other programs and the behaviour of this issue would suggest to me that it's not related as it only affects Lightroom.

Since reinstalling Lightroom, I've found that the app will simply close without warning while performing a publishing to Flickr action, (very occasionally but less often while exporting in batch as well). There's no error dialog or crash notification, it just spontaneously closes to desktop. This wasn't a behaviour I ever experienced before. Sometimes the publish action hangs quite a while without doing anything as well after a random amount of progress. I just tried to replicate now and it crashed to desktop almost as soon as I pressed the publish button. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR 11.2 has a bug acknowledged by Adobe where publishing services hang after publishing the first photo. Perhaps you're experiencing another symptom of the same underlying problem.

From what's been published in the bug thread by Adobe, it's very possible that bug will be fixed in LR 11.3, which is likely due early April.  

You could wait until then or try rolling back to LR 11.1, which avoids the publishing-hangs bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines