• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic compatibility with MacOS Monterey

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything about it.

Since the new MacOS gets released today, does anyone know if there are any issues with Lightroom Classic running on it? I got burned once when a minor MacOS update bricked tethering for a while. 

Cheers

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely, since ADOBE MAX is in a few days, that new versions of all Adobe software will be released that will have been tested on MacOS Monterey and will run on MacOS Monterey. (But don't take my word for it, read the announcements of the new software and the updated system requirements, that's the only way to know for sure)

Does that mean there won't be any glitches or problems? Unlikely. There will be glitches and there will be problems, there always are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes that makes sense - I'll wait for the Adobe updates and see if anything gets reported, then upgrade MacOS a bit later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rembering, the issues I had with my system macOS Big Sur and LrC 10.x one year ago, I will wait until the early adopters report their experiences.

The Big Sur / Lightroom Classic, combination did not get sorted out until March 17, 2021, with the release of LrC 10.2.

If rumors are correct my iMac may not get the pending upgrade. So my system may be officially "retired" after 6 years.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to know because I just ordered one of the new computers that comes with Monterey. So I asked Adobe, and the only response they could offer me was to go to their website to look at the system requirements for running Lightroom classic. So it seems, if I am interpreting correctly, they don't know if Monterey is compatible with Lightroom classic 10.4. And they also could not say when an update would come out fthat deals with Monterey compatibility with Lightroom classic 10.4. Hopefully someone who has updated to Monterey can let us know here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on past years and updates, Adobe support info about compatibility with new versions of macOS is never available before the OS itself is released. A lot of software companies like to wait until they have a chance to test with the final .0 public release of the OS, in case Apple snuck in any subtle changes that might break something.

After the new OS is released, it takes time for Adobe to post the necessary info, and it does not all show up at once. That includes both compatibility articles and system requirements. Some product teams get their info up within a few days, others take weeks.

System requirements don't talk about known issues, so what you want to look for eventually is an Adobe help document like this one for Lightroom Classic and macOS 10.11 Big Sur. It might be better to bookmark this page (Known issues in Lightroom Classic), which lists specific issues they know about, and links to the compatibility documents for supported versions of macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 10/27
I followed up again with Adobe now that Lightroom 11 is out and the system requirements say that you need Catalina or later to make it run. And support now tells me that OS 12, AKA Monterey, is indeed compatible with Lightroom 11. So based on that I think I'm going to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caution: I upgraded to Monterey on an iMac27.  Lightroom Classic opens, Library shows presence of all cataloged folders and files but when you go to Develop Module, all images are marked as files not being found.  Searching for missing files turns up nothing since Library clearly shows Lightroom Classic knows they're there.  Btw, having squirrely issues with Capture One 21 and On1 20222 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm definitely holding off Monterey until these things have been addressed. There's been lots of reports since its release that it's causing lots of USB hubs to stop working as well - crucial for my tethering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a response from Adobe or did you get this issue resolved.  I think I just upgraded to Monterey and am having the same issues with all of my images in the Develop module showing the file not found.  I'm wondering what ever became of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you try the advice from @johnrellis as in this forum link-

FULL DISK ACCESS PERMISSIONS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.  I went into the system preferences and allowed LR Classic to access files and folders and also allowed LR Classic to access the data.  I'm able to go into the Develop Module and LR catalog will see the files and I can make changes to the images.  That did the trick.  I don't see anything on the Adobe help site for LR that identifies this problem and provides a solution.  Perhaps that is somethint=g that Adobe can do so that others like me can fu=ind quick answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plain and simple: V11 does not work on Monterey, at least not on my machine. It hangs itself once started.
Had to downgrade to 10.4, this is working. Still a shame, I hope they fix the issue quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 Mac computers running LrC 11.0 on Monterey without issue. So, not sure why you're experiencing a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither am I 😄
Still, V11 doesn't run on my machine under Monterey, and having a look across the boards of this forum, I am not the only one. I'd love to contact support, but the chat is only available during office hours, when I am at my day job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers working with Monterey and LrC 11.0, without issue, so I am in the same boat as you. But I have read about various issues people have encountered that I suppose will be addressed in the next update. For anyone reading messages having trouble, here is something I came across from support did that I was prepared to use if I did encounter trouble that might be of help:

"Please ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions on macOS Monteray by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sound advice! Will try that and report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all three steps: accessibility, full disk access and reset of preferences.
Problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update - I have taken delivery of a MBP 16 inch with the full 64GB RAM, M1 Max CPU. I am a tech reviewer so I don't get to keep it, sadly. 

It has MacOS 12.0.1 on it, and I clean installed LRC 11 on it, and it seems to run fine. That said I am still holding off upgrading to Monterey on my work MBP until various glitches have stopped being reported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do NOT upgrade as you can't launch LRC 11.0 on it. I have spent days with online agents at Adobe to try to resolve problem with no luck. It is an issue with Monterey and not Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines