• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashes on MacBook Pro M1 2021 when I start tethered capture

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start tethered capture on my MacBook Pro M1 2021 Lightroom gets stuck loading and I just see the spinning rainbow and the window where I choose the name for my session and where to save.

Nothing else happens and eventually I have to force quit.

I try again and then lightroom just disappears when i hit ok for tethered capture.

I have tried reinstalling lightroom and creative cloud. Didn't help.

I have not changed any preferences or folder locations, everything is exactly as it comes when i installed it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @2921735367. Welcome to the Lightroom Classic community. I'll help you figure this out.

What version of Lightroom Classic & the operating system you're working on? What camera are you trying to tether?

Some issues surfaced with macOS Ventura. Check this if you're working on macOS Ventura: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Ensure Lightroom has all the required permissions on the macOS: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

On macOS Ventura, the steps are slightly different. Search for 'Full disk access' in the search box in the macOS preferences.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved this problem. I launched LR once in Rosetta mode, which allowed tethered capture to launch without crashing. 

I then quit and tried it again in Silicon mode and tethered capture launched and worked successfully.

This is all independent of even having a camera plugged in. There must be a file or preference installed in the Rosetta version that allowed it to work.

I think Adobe needs to address this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact camera model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me. This is before I even connect a camera.

I just downgraded from Ventura to Monterey (not an easy feat on a silicon chip) to try and fix and the exact same thing happens. Latest version of Ventura and Monterey. Full disk access checked. LR 12.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After selecting a destination in tethered capture and pressing OK Lightroom Classic crashes and after a few moments I get the message 'Sorry an error has occured' - I have submitted the optional error report.

I am running Lightroom Classic v. 13.1 (Raw 16.1) on an new M1 MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.2.1. The issue occurs whether a camera is attached by USB or not, when my Canon R5 is attached the same occurs (camera switched on or off).

I have taken the advice of Sameer K in the thread above and changed the accessibility and file access for Lightroom Classic to full access - still the same result.

Unfortunately Canon's EOS Utility which includes tethered capture is not yet compatible with Sonoma. So I don't have the option of using the Lightroom 'watched folder' as a work around.

Tethered capture works with the R5 on my older Intel iMac with Lightroom Classic 13.1 (Raw 16.1) and Ventura 13.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines