Exit

Lightroom classic crashes on start just after announcing a new version

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm french, but I guess I'll have more help in english :

Lightroom was working just fine the last time I used it, maybe 8 days ago. And whereas I had time for developping some RAW this week-end, I can't use it anymore.

Just after showing a windows announcing "new update version" with the list of the evolutions", it crashes.

I tried to :

- reset the preferences

- open LR by another catalog

- desinstalle it > I can't, it opens a windows of "Creative cloud desktop" then it crashes too

- Clean up my temporary files

- Restart and install the updtates of my PC.

Nothing worked

I tried to update eveything for my adobe account, it says "impossible to charge the update actually"

I had the last version of ligthroom classic until there (I see 13.2, but before or after the update ?)

Professional windows 10,  22H2version
Nothing changed on my computer since the last opening, not even a windows update (I did it just now)

I tried to open photoshop for editing a screenshoot of the last window I see on LR before the crash but.... Photoshop crashes too at the openning !
(the last windows is joined)

(I use LR classic at work too, on another computer and it worked fine today. But I've had just a little windows about the update, not the larger one listing the evolution, strange....)

Someone got a solution ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

The probleme solved itself, like it happened itself.
It might have been a trouble from Adobe side which have been corrected in the last hours (because I tried again yesterday late at night and it still was crashed)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "I can't use it anymore"? Please explain in detail what is happening or not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that screenshot, showing the "Bienvenue dans Lightroom Classic "(Welcome to Lightroom Classic") Pop-up. I assume that you clicked on Ok, and then LrC crashed. What if you click on the  "En savoir plus (the learn more) button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

desinstalle it > I can't, it opens a windows of "Creative cloud desktop" then it crashes too

So, are you saying that your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop will not start?

I am referring to the app below (note that I have the App button selected, and I am in the All Apps display)

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What do you mean by "I can't use it anymore"? Please explain in detail what is happening or not happening."

=> I can't use Lightroom anymore, it crashes and close immediately

"In that screenshot, showing the "Bienvenue dans Lightroom Classic "(Welcome to Lightroom Classic") Pop-up. I assume that you clicked on Ok, and then LrC crashed. What if you click on the  "En savoir plus (the learn more) button?"

=> No I clicked on nothing, I don't have the time to, Lightroom closes itself immediately after showing this window

So, are you saying that your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop will not start? I am referring to the app below (note that I have the App button selected, and I am in the All Apps display)

=> If I try to uninstal LR from my computer I got this window :

PC.JPG

then it disapears

I can open the Apps manually, by going on Adobe.
adobe.JPGok.JPG

It says that LR is "working on this PC", but only propose to install it.

I tried again to update from there all the applications, same message than yesterday.

Update.JPG

I installed the Creative cloud for desktop. 

erreur.JPG

It crashed too at the opening, just after the same window than when I tried to uininstall LR from my computer  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't dare try to install a again LR without having uninstalled, it because even to go back to a earliest version, Adobe asks to be sure to uninstall the previous one in their help tutorials....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The probleme solved itself, like it happened itself.
It might have been a trouble from Adobe side which have been corrected in the last hours (because I tried again yesterday late at night and it still was crashed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines