Lightroom Classic crashes on startup following latest update

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Provide a succinct one-line issue statement
Lightroom Classic hangs on the splash screen (literally a splash screen, of a boy upside down over water) when starting.  Nothing I can do will make it go any further.  I have reset preferences.

Provide Lightroom Classic version: Help>System Info>Copy the top line with Lightroom Classic version

Unable to do this from program - unable to start Lightroom Classic.  However, it's v11.2 from Creative Cloud.

Provide OS and version: macOS 11.6.4

Issue: Provide good steps to reproduce the behavior:
Step 1 to reproduce the issue 

Open Lightroom Classic.

Expected result: Lightroom Classic should open.
Actual result: Lightroom Classic hangs on the splash screen.

Looking forward to some debugging steps!
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is to reset your preference file: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I tried that before posting here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else have you tried, so I won't waste time telling you to try other things that have already been tried?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only restarting and logging in as a guest.  There are no further updates available to install.

I'd like to avoid reinstalling until it's absolutely necessary.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing is pretty painless. Not sure what your concern is there.

Can you try opening a different catalog or a new catalog? Does that work? (Hold down the OPTION key when you click on the LrC icon).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I reinstalled, and also tried holding down the option key when clicking on the icon.

Reinstalling and relaunching doesn't change anything.

Clicking on the option key following reinstallation doesn't work because the program appears to crash before the option to select a catalogue pops up.

Is there any way I can supply logs?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Topping this.  So far I've:

• Reinstalled
  • Reset preferences
  • Attempted to load a different catalogue

Lightroom Classic still crashes on the splash screen.  Any advice as to where to go for more assistance?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines