• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Crashes whenever exporting photos

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2016 15inch Macbook Pro. Im running Big Sur 11.5.2 and Lightroom Classic 10.4 whenever I export images it will shut down my entire computer. I have over 100gb of memory free so its not like its full.

Ive turned off the graphics card which is what I've read online and tried a million other things. Nothing seems to work.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shut down the entire computer — this is almost always caused a hardware malfunction or caused by a bad/corrupted/out-of-date driver. In the case of exporting images, it may be that the computer is overheating, and this happens because a fan or part of the cooling system has stopped working; and also can be made worse by having computer case vents that are blocked by dust or other objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Def tried that doesnt help. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Even using older versions (will work better briefly).

Also isn't overheating. Its very confusing wish I knew why this was happening. It has been going on for months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Def tried that doesnt help. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Even using older versions (will work better briefly).

Don't know what you mean or what you tried. I didn't suggest you try anything.

Also isn't overheating.

What is your evidence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines