Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Crashing in Mac Os 10.13.6

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

after a week of absence when I started my Macbook Pro, Lightroom started crashing everytime it had to do some work asking a bit more RAM (exporting, zooming in photos, etc). Until it makes the Macbook crash.

It is Lightroom Classic v 8.4

It seems to be the only software causing tyrouble, evreything else seems to work perfectly. Does anybody has a suggestion?

Thank you very much!

Here's my configuration:

Macbook Pro (2016)

// 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 // 16Go RAM // Radeon Pro 460 4096 Mo
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 Mo

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Why are you still at MACOS High Sierra? That limits your LrC upgrade possibilities. 

2. Even if you do not upgrade the MACOS, why are you still on LrC v8.4? You could be on v9.4, newer than that requires MACOS upgrades.

3. You may wnt to visit an Apple store nd hve them check for a memory leak caused by hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

thank you very much for your answer. As a photographer, I used iView Media Pro a lot to edit photoshoots, and it doesn't work after OS 10.14, that's why I still use High Sierra. I may update to Mojave though. I still use LrC 8.4 because I can't find any older versions to Lightroom between 8 and 11 (which isn't supported by High Sierra)

Anyway; I made a Time Machine backup, re-installed OS 10.13, evrything is working fine (retouching session in Photoshop included), but as soon as I tried to export a dozen files in low res in Lightroom, it crashed again...

RAM test is OK, the only problem mentioned was that my battery was a bit weak. I am always connected to a power supply, but maybe it has an effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Quit Lightroom Classic.
MacOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes". That may fix the issue.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your answer. Yesterday I upgraded to Mojave and to Lightroom 10, and it seems to cporrect the problem. If it happens again I will definitely try your suggestion.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines