• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashing "importing"

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic was working perfectly, from one day to the next it started to crash (not responding) when I click on "Import" .. In the rest of the program everything is ok.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im dealing with the same issue. My LR Classic was working perfectly without fail, then all of a sudden anytime I click on "Import" it takes awhile to load, then crashes. I was using version 10.1.1. Then when I started to have problems I updated to version 10.2. But that didn't fix the issue. And im running it on windows 10.

Im kind of thinking my current catalog is in some way corrupt. When I created a new catalog, I can get images to import. But then it quickly starts to crash again when I try to import a new project. I tried "Optimize Catalog" (Hadn't done that in over a year) that helped and did allow me to import, but when I went to import a new project it once again crashes on the import screen. I usually trasfer all images into files from SD card, then import to LR from desktop. But don't believe that has anything to do with current situation, becuase it freezes and crashes right when import screen is opened (before anyting has been clicked). Everything else in Lightroom is working perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you disabled your GPU in LRC Preferences?

Then restart your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try going back to LRC v10.0, but that may have Catalog implications.

But if that works, that would at least get you to the point where you could successfully reimport?

Would that be useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines