• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic deleted all images in a folder when I had only selected one to delete

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in a folder, selecting individual images to delete, one by one. I had deleted 3 (delete from disk), selected the 4th one to delete and all 41 in the folder disappeared. I've moved them back to the folder from the Mac Bin and re-imported them into LC, but of course I have to re-edit them again. 

This is not the first time it's happened. I've been a Lightroom user for about a year and this must be the 3rd or 4th time it's happened.

I am 100% certain I had selected only 1 image (though I have been wrong about things before in my life!). Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm using 

• Lightroom Classic 11.2
  • MacOS Monterey 12.1
  • MacBook Pro 3.1 GHz Dual-Core 8GB Memory
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I am sure that when I selected 'delete from disk' that it was telling me only one image would be deleted. My first lesson learned from today is that in future I will pay particular attention to that information field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I wasn't there to see what happened, all I can say is that this sounds like User error, as people here in this and other forums do not complain of such an occurence.

As far as re-editing the photos, no you shouldn't have to do that. Your edits are still in the backups of your catalog file, you can use those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks...as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree it must be user error if it's never been reported elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines