• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic develope preview vs 1:1 displays incorrect lighting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to explain this the best way i can, forgive me it is hard to explain with out video.

When I am in develop mode, and arrow between images a image (preview) is displayed (photo A). (pls note, i build 1:1 on import). I make adjustments to highlights, exposure, WB. Then move to the next image. When I go back to adjust sharpening or noise reduction I zoom to 100%, the photo loads for a moment, then darkens considerably (photo B). When I zoom out the photo remains dark. So I redo all lighting adjustments to match what I wanted before. Then I arrow one photo away and come back. The preview (photo A) is now considerably brighter, some cases over exposed. Once I zoom to 100% and out again the photo darkens once again  to match second light adjustments (photo B). You can even see the histogram shift in the images. This is after zoom to 100% and back to FIT, that is all.

I have exported the photo and it seems to always match Photo B when exported

This is a huge issue when I am looking at the tile library and some images are over exposed and other are not, it is extremely difficult to tell what is ready to export and not. Why would lightroom be displaying 2 different values/images like this?? any help would be amazing.

Photo A

Photo A.jpg

Photo B

Photo B.jpg

Side note: It seems to happen more frequently on photos that the "highlights" slider darkens the whole image. I don't know why that is happening either.

(forgive the image banding, I am learning Sony and their electronic shutter on mirrorless)

(faces blacked out for privacy, This was a high school football game)

Details:

Lightroom Classic - Latest cloud version

Sony A7R4 Camera - shooting RAW only

Windows 10 64 bit

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an update, Turning off GPS performance does not fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The histogram reflects the darkening of the image, which indicates that the darkening is caused by an edit you have made.

What do you see in the History panel?

If the Highlights slider sometimes darkens the whole image, try resetting the preferences.

That might also fix the darkening issue, if it's not caused by inadvertent editing.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/?s=reset+preferences 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Thank you for trying to help. I thought it might be because I made so many edit that it was having a hard time loading them all... which I would still be curious why the preview didnt reflect the latest changes... but I reset the image and made just a few key changes. The same darkening and lightening happened in the develop module. Here is a screenshot of the history window from the reset.

History.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, disable the LogiOptions plugin. It's buggy, and is known to cause long startup times for Lightroom.

I've haven't heard that it causes any other problems, but you never know.

Go to File > Plugin manager to disable it.

Did you try resetting the preferences?

LR-logioptions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know that I could do that. Disable specific plugins. Thank you! Also another update.

I reset my prefrences as you linked in that article. Now it still has the lighter photo and darker photo when switching, but it shifts to the darker (true) image after a few seconds, without having to zoom in. Still a bit long and a bother. But I do not have to zoom in. It seems that for some reason it was not applying my edit until i zoomed in... possibly using the wrong prview, or not using the 1:1??

The highlight slider still effects the whole image rather then just the hightlights which I find odd but thtere may be a reason for I dont not know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that your graphics driver is out of date.

Try installing the the latest studio driver, version 472.39. Studio drivers are more thoroughly tested, and more stable than Game ready drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/183366/en-us

Another possibility that is that your Camera Raw Cache (which contains your Develop previews) is corrupted.

You can delete it by going to Edit > Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache > Purge Cache.

This will force the previews to rebuild.

LR-purge-cache.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There, Thank you for the reply. Here is the system info

Lightroom Classic version: 11.0 [ 202110120910-0bccc70d ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10
Version: 10.0.19042
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 3.7GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 65445.7 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65445.7 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1450.3 MB (2.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1854.6 MB
GDI objects count: 754
USER objects count: 2355
Process handles count: 2561
Memory cache size: 780.2MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.0 [ 950 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 304MB / 32722MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 307MB / 65445MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160, 2) 2160x3840
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (27.21.14.5730)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\Users\Kris\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-v10-v11-2.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Kris\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) LogiOptions
5) Loupedeck2
6) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 1b80
Subsystem : 61833842
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 8079
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines