• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic does not close properly on Windows 11

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Lightroom Classic on windows 11, upgrated from windows 10. When I close Lightroom Classic, it does not really close but the process (I see it using windows task manager) reamin active using a 20% of CPU or so.

If I try to start the program again, it won't start unless I forcibly close the previous running process.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the exact version of Lightroom Classic from Help > About Lightroom Classic? Does this happen when you close Lightroom after a series of steps, or can you recreate this behavior right from the launch?

Where is the catalog stored? On an internal or external drive? 

Do you use any of the catalog backup options when exiting Lightroom Classic? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please do not force close Lightroom Classic.

Go to Go to Edit > Catalog Settings > General > Backup > When Lightroom Exits next > Proceed to close Lightroom.

In the backup window, uncheck 'Test Integrity before backing up' & 'Optimize Catalog after backing up' and take the backup for now.

If this does not help, you can also reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (prefer using method 2): (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html)

Let us know if this works,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply

> Could you please share the exact version of Lightroom Classic

This is LrC 11.4.1

>Does this happen when you close Lightroom after a series of steps, or can you recreate this behavior right from the launch?

It happens right from the launch, even if don't make any click 

>Where is the catalog stored? On an internal or external drive? 

It's stored on a local disk. Some of the photos are stored in an external drive. I also tried with a catalogue having all the photos stored locally -> same issue.

>Do you use any of the catalog backup options when exiting Lightroom Classic? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I use a  backup once a week. But also tried disabling this. No difference whatsoever 😞

>Go to Go to Edit > Catalog Settings > General > Backup > When Lightroom Exits next > Proceed to close Lightroom.

Tried this with no effect.

>If this does not help, you can also reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (prefer using method 2)

I also tried this, but it didn't work unfortunately

Thanks a lot for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LrC 11.4.1 on Windows 11. I don't see the problem mentioned by the OP. I just checked the task manager, and there was no residual of LrC after closing the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting Windows App 'Priority' at "High" for Lightroom.

Restart the computer, restart Lightroom, then follow the steps in this link using Task Manager to set Priority to High-

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-set-process-priority-in-task-manager-on-windows-10/

(A horrible link for ads- sorry!)

I encountered the same problem (many moons ago!) and APp Priority solved the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thanks for your help. Unfortunately increasing the process priority didn't help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines