Hello Adobe Team,
On MacOS 13, Lightroom Classic (vers. 12.0.1) does not free up used memory when syncing cloud files, becoming unresponsiv and eventually forcing the macbook to shut down.
- Macbook Pro 13" M2 with MacOS 13
- MacOS Ventura 13.0
- RAM: 24GB
- Internal HD: 1 TB
- Ext. HD: 2 TB
- Lightroom Classic vers. 12.0.1 (also vers.12.0)
- Lightroom CC Web (15.000 in cloud storage)
- Objective: sync Lightroom CC Cloud Images into a new created catalog on a Macbook Pro 13" M2.
- Catalog: saved onto internal MacOS HD 1 TB
- Images: syncing onto external 2TB HD
- After about 1-2hours the memory is used up by Lightroom Classic, provokes a MacOS out of memory warning and LR classic becoming unresponsiv.
- when trying to sync the 15k image overnight, the macbook will shut down, due to beeing out of memory.
- stopping the sync process in LR Classic, leaving LR to idle, will not free up the used memory.
- only a LR Classic restart frees up used memory
- Lightroom classic ver. 12.01 (and 12.0) will free up unused memory.
Please advice how to proceed with this issue.
I will be happy to provide further information, if needed.
Apps: LR Classic, LR CC, LR CC mobile. PS +++ Devices: Macbook Pro 13" M2 (2022), MacBook Pro 15" (2012), Win10 PC, iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro, +++ Sony A7IV, Lumix G9, Canon G11, +++ Website: https://mobios.de