• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic does not open on M1 MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic will not open on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro running OSX 12.5.1. I've tried downgrading to earlier versions, uninstalling Lightroom Classic, uninstalling creative cloud, running CC cleaner, deleting preferences and a thousand other things and have spend hours with my photos unusable. Any suggestions? Since going to my M1 MacBook Pro Lightroom has been a much less reliable app than before to begin with and I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and switch. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. Those settings are correct so sadly it isn't that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered it will open on a guest account but not my user account. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see Troubleshoot user account permissions in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

Might need to create a new user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why or how this worked but in desperation I moved the folder where the images (though not the catalogues) were stored and it fired right up. I'd spent ten hours doing almost everything imaginable without success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You moved the folder that contains the images from where to another location where?

Please provide more info.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've discovered it will open on a guest account but not my user account. Any suggestions? 

By @Alex26568646ry1b

So here's the tough part. Since it doesn't crash (fail to open) as a new user, there is a conflict with something in the original (Admin?) user that is making it crash. The hard part is figuring out what that is. The first task is to disable all auto log in items in Users and Groups>Login Items in your System preferences. You can make a screen capture or jot down what each item is, disable, restart and try again. If it doesn't crash, you can add one or more items, restart and try again. At some point, you may find which item is at issue. It isn't easy but that's really the fix unless you do a clean install of the OS which might be more work. 
The bottom line is, that something in your user account is conflicting with the application. Gotta find out what that item is. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines