• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic does not recognise my C drive as having any folders

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new version of LrC was updated, it does not recognise any of the folders in my C drive when I want to import images. I can only use the version of that folder that is saved in my OneDrive and obviously I can't rely on that folder due to the fact OneDrive often goes down.

I have been trying for weeks to rectify this but have got nowhere. I have yet to uninstall and reinstall as I wanted to figure out if this is a user error or an error with the update. It is worth noting that LR recognises the C drive without issue so not sure if that helps at all.

Machine is Windows 11, latest release of LrC.

If anyone can help me rectify this it would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser will not show your picture. Better to include it by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon and including it in your reply that way.

My Lightroom Classic 11.1, running on Windows 10, has no problems finding photos on the C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 11, but can't say for certain if was lke this proir to upgrading to 11. I have since posting reinstalled LrC but issue is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screenshot of the issue I am having. Not sure why the attachment didn't work.

Picture1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too small to read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us that the folder you have selected in the screenshot, does contain a subfolder or there are images directly? If it has a subfolder, please select the option in the Lightroom Classic which says "Include subfolder" and check if you're able to import.

Also, go to the folder from file explorer, check that folder which you have selected in Lightroom Classic, and tell us which file format is it?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. I think I have figured it out now. It looks like OneDrive has moved all of my files from the harddrive to OneDrive. I do have them saved locally (I think!) but this is the reason I believe it has happened. Can only think I have messed up seomewhere on installing OneDrive.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines