Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom classic does not show photoshop edits or merged panos in stack until quit and relaunch

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge deal for me, as it interrupts my workflow as it has always worked until now. I have always been able to apply stars or colors to an image and to have images edited in photoshop appear after editing them back in LR in a stack. Also I had no problem merging my images and having the resulting pano show up in the first page of the stack I worked with as a dng for further edits in LR.  Once I quit and relaunch, all is as expected with the pano, photoshop edited files.psd and all badges showing as it should be in the first place without quitting LR. You can imaging how slow this is to quite and relaunch after doing any of these actions with no refresh in LR to show what I have been doing. 

My settings in LR for external edits on photoshop show the proper box checked as is the one in merge set to add to stack.

I am jusing mojave and have 128 mb ram, a fast NVMe drive and so fast scratch disk.

I REALLY need some help on this asap, as my workflow is now unworkable. Any ideas are appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS, I have a very large library file of 350,000 image which are my life's work. I cant split this cataloge into smaller groups, as I need to view and sort my work in its entirety. I spent a lot to get a very fast 8TB NVMe pcie drive which is delivering 4200MB per sec, so the catalog is very responsive. This problem started well before I added the fast drive, and is the problem of not showing the images until relaunch LR is the reason I spent all that money to get faaaaast I/O. I have reinstalled LR and started over with prefs and am careful to follow all the LR procedures for editing, merging panos, editing in external PHotoshop and all this used to work six months ago. Any help with this?  I look at computers as Hardware, Software, and MeWare... I dont think it is me or operator error in this case, but am open to any help to solve this asap. thanks in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines