• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic doesn't recognize Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS lens

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic V.14.4.1 but I notice that when I go to the develop module and Lens Corrections Profiles that it doesn't seem to recognize the Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS lens.  I always have to check the boxes for Chromatic Abberation and Enable Ptofile Corrections.  Lightroom recognizes all my other Sony lenses and I know that this is a popular lens so I'm a bit confused.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
I am using a Windows 11 machine.
Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are doing something wrong. This lens is supported. If you want Lightroom to use lens profiles automatically, then you have to enable this in the Camera Defaults. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

If you mean that this particular lens is not automatically recognised, then select the lens profile manually, then choose 'Save New Lens Profile Defaults' in Setup.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My error.  The lens IS supported and I was mistaking one thing for another.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.  My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to check: Triple-check you're editing a raw and not a JPEG or some other non-raw.  Most lens profiles only work with raws, and when you edit a non-raw, you won't see many lens profiles available in the Lens Corrections panel.

It's very common for people to think they're editing raws when in fact, for a number of different reasons, they're editing a non-raw.  In Develop, type "i" to show the Info Overlay in the upper-left corner, which contains the full file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines