Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic dont sync all

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im using win 10 with the latest lightroom classic and lightroom cc app installed on two computers.

First I import my original photos to lightroom classic.

Then I put them in a folder that I sync to lightroom cc.

I do that so I can work on them from another computer.

But almost everytime I have made a large edit, with several hundred photos that have changed metadata, Lightroom classic dont automatically get all the changes.

I can leave classic on for hours and it says it is synced. But it misses many photos in the sync.

I can get the sync to start on some photos by manually open photos in library view and just looking thrugh them one by one. That sometimes causes the sync to start again.

I have checked lightroom.adobe and there is no sync errors.

I have tried to rebuild sync and a lot of other suggestions one find here but nothing have permantly helped me. This issue always appears.

I have several times been in contact with adobe thru the chat with no luck

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with the latest lightroom classic and lightroom cc app installed

Please understand that in this community, that statement is often treated as assumed bull

Why?

1. Adobe no longer sells, markets, or supports Lightroom CC, it is either Lightroom Classic, or Lightroom  Ecosystem (a.k.a Lightroom Desktop)

2. Too often the words like latest turns out to be bull. User assume LrC is kept up to date, assume auto updates work, It has actually occurred that latest turned out to be version 6.14, three years past the death of Lr 6. By the way, that was when CC was part of the program name, so if you state CC, we think v6.

The above being said, please provide at a minimum

• Full Adobe program name and version, for example Lightroom Classic v11, Lightroom Desktop v5
  • Full Operating System name and version/build. for example Windows 10 version 21H1 (or build 19043)
  • CPU, RAM, GPU specs, including GPU driver version
  • Any error messages
  • Any helpful screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, sorry

I will try to answer this.

Lightroom  v 5.00

Lightroom Classic v 11.0

Win 10 v. 21H1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

32 gb Ram

Nvidia geforce RTX 2060  v.472.12

I dont have any error messages and no useful screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"with the latest lightroom classic and lightroom cc app installed on two computers."

Do you know that you cannot sync two Lr-Classic Catalogs to the Cloud. You can 'change' the sync from one LrC catalog to another, but only ever can one LrC catalog be synced.

I am not sure I understand your workflow working with both LrC and Lr installs on two computers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Im aware, it was just put badly.

Im using  Lightroom (not classic) on two computers with a synced catalog from my desktop.

Sometimes Im also using an ipad, but thats not part of this problem right now.

Im travelling with my laptop and are editing photos(smart previews) on Lightroom. 

After I have done all edits that sometimes include hundreds if not thousand changes I let it properly upload all changes to the cloud.

When I get beck home I let Lightroom Classic stay open on my desktop for awhile to download all changes.

But here is the issue, no matter how long I let it stay open it never downloads all changes.

It can say it is done but when I doublecheck I can see that it has not downloaded everything.

Sometimes i can "force" classic to start downloading when I scroll through the photos one by one. But it never get the whole job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for explanation. Workflow is the same as mine. Lr-Classic at 'home', Lr on moble devices (including a PC laptop).

But my "sync" knowledge pretty much ends there. You might need to wait for others more knowledgeable about syncing to provide an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines