• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic download for mac pro book OS v10.13 (High Sierra)

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to put Lightroom on 'new' (old) laptop, its  mac probook  with OS v10.13 (High Sierra) so telling me its not possibal ..

Can't update the OS to anything higher, but really need to use Lightroom on this machine!

Help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do anything on that system if you can't upgrade beyond 10.13. See this post from Conrad Chavez at lightroomqueen.com which explains the process in respect of the annual updates from both Apple and Adobe: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/when-adobe-drops-macos-big-sur-support-will-i-keep-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The odd thing is I also have OS v10.13 (High Sierra) on my old 2015  Mac which runs lightroom classic!

But if thats the way Adob is going, its time to look for a different softwear company!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's entirely possible to have a version of LrC running on High Sierra, though it's likely an older version ("Classic" covers versions 8,9,10,11 and 12). It may even continue to run for as long as the computer still runs (not sure though), but won't get any updates or support.

If you think Adobe's policy is unreasonable then of course you can look for alternatives. Don't try Capture One though, as their policy looks identical to Adobe's.

Personally, I don't think it's reasonable to expect any application software vendor to continue to provide significant updates and support for an Operating System which is no longer supported by the OS vendor. But that's just my view, YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

A link to a verson of lightroom classic that will run on v10.13  would be helpful as trying to down load light room classic from Adobe refuses too because of the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines