• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic export not congruent on any application

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching everywhere for this answer and can't find one. I'll try to keep this simple as possible.

I'm editing on Lightroom Classic. When I export, the image has more contrast and saturation even viewing on the same monitor. I shoot on a FUJIFILM XT-4 and use JPEGs and edit JPEGs and export JPEGs. The way it looks is congruent on all other applications I used besides Adobe applications, Photoshop being an exception. (Looks the same on Windows Photos, Dropbox.com, iPhone photos, and Instagram.) The only place it doesn't look the same is Lightroom and Bridge.

I don't know how this is usable when mainly my delivery is basic Web. No print. Is there a way to fix this? It seems like it's an Adobe problem because its congruent EVERYWHERE else besides there. How am I suppose to edit if it doesn't stay the same?

I hope someone has solved this. The suppot team just told me to come here after no resolution.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is most applications are not color-managed, which means they don't show the colors as they should. In addition to normal differences, if you have a wide-gamut monitor the colors will look much more saturated than they should in non-color-managed applications.

The problem is not Adobe applications, which are color-managed, but all those that are not...

Just as an example, if you export pictures from Lightroom and open them in Microsoft Photos (the default on Windows 10), which is *not* color-managed, they will look different. On the other hand, Windows Photo Viewer (the predecessor to Microsoft Photos, but still included in Windows 10) is color-managed and displays the pictures exactly as they look in Lightroom.

There's not much one can do about it. You mention that you export mostly for web, so you might take that into account when you edit (so it looks better on, say, your phone), but it will not resolve the real issue and, if and when browseers/apps become color-managed, the appearance of your pictures will change (not in a good way).

Also, keep in mind that no two displays look the same, color-managed or not, because of brightness settings, reflectivness or the screen, color range and so on... This is particularly true when comparing smartphone, which is what most people use these days to consume content on Instagram and other social media. I'm using a wide-gamut, calibrated monitor, but pictures look different on my phone inside than outside, because or the brightness adjustment, and again different in night-mode.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Portfolio Â· Tutorials (Lightroom Classic, Photoshop,...) Â· Instagram

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael,

You're relatively new here and may not have fully understood the Community Guidelines regarding the use of signatures. I suggest you read below and take the necessary actions regarding your signature.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator

* Website addresses or links in signatures will be considered spam and a breach of the community guidelines, which could lead to your account being banned.  

You may redirect users to a third-party website only when providing relevant context and if: 

• The information isn’t in our HelpX articles or other Adobe official channels. 
  • The content is directly related to the user’s question. 
  • It’s free content available in a public channel (e.g., online tutorial, non-paying website, etc.). 

If you're promoting a paid product, please adhere to the following:

• It must be a service or product not offered already by Adobe, that fixes an issue that Adobe doesn't offer a solution for.
  • Provide relevant context of why you're sharing it, and make sure it's directly related to the user’s question. 
  • Explicitly state that it's a paid product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines