• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Export to JPEG Help

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2024 Aug 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why is Adobe making ANY change to my export settings? Right click, pick a folder - choose a folder, pick a format - choose JPEG. I generally go 80% quality. Used to be simple. 

Now... it's changed. I get it? Adobe wants folk to use DNG files (it's Adboe's afterall). But I want to use JPEG. WHY!!! is the option not available? Here are my screen shots when I try to export jpegs. There is no option top change to JPEG.

I've had options to change to JPEG before any updates. The below is greyed out. 

bluerog2_0-1723950703162.jpeg

screen1.jpgscreen 2.jpgScreen 3.jpgscreen 4.jpgscreen 5.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you put a check mark next to a preset, some options are grayed out.

The Learn More link will take you to this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html#multi-batch-expo...

PerBerntsen_0-1723973789543.png

PerBerntsen_1-1723973863618.png

Remove the checkmark, and all options become available.

I don't know why you think that Adobe wants you to use DNG – you can use any format you want from the Image format dropdown list.

I suggest that you create your own export presets, then you don't have to change the settings every time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/export-presets-settings-plug-ins.html

You have posted in the Photoshop forum, a moderator will move this thread to the Lightroom Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved this thread from the Photoshop forum to the Lightroom Classic forum

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Per Berntsenhas the answer.

Adobe wants folk to use DNG files (it's Adboe's [sic] afterall).

False.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put the checkmark only when you want to export using multiple presets in one go.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines