• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Freezes After Clicking on Import

Explorer ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic freezes after clicking on Import!! Just when I needed to send a photo fast, I CANNOT! It has done it three times in a row now. I have version 10.2 running on Windows 10.

This is not the only time this has happened. It's very important the Adobe gets this fixed soon!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First questions:

What version of LRC are you using?

Which computer and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 10.2 and the OS is Windows 10 Pro, Build 19043.1165.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/OP responses in bold italic red/derived answers in blue/

In Import, your source

• Is the SD card in a card reader: in card reader
  • in camera connected to computer via USB: n/a
  • in camera via Wifi: n/a

In Import, Method

• Are you using Copy, Copy as DNG or Add.
  • What previews are you creating: Previews are Standard. Presets are at Default Settings.
  • What presets if any.:Previews are Standard. Presets are at Default Settings.

In Import, Destination, is the destination correct?

In computer

• What drive is the catalog in, how much free  drive space available in %, looking for better than 20%: C: , near 50%
  • What drive are you using as destination, where your photos are being stored. How much free space (quantity). Looking for more than all those new photos would require (if not Import/ADD)

A bit of info the OP provided, both up front and as a reply, but was overlooked at least once:

• Adobe program: Lightroom Classiv v10.2
  • OS, Windiws 19 build 19043 (v21H1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source is a SD card in a reader.

As for Import method, the issues have ocurred when I click on the Import button to bring in the photos.

Previews are Standard. Presets are at Default Settings.

The drive the catalog is on is the C drive and is approximately 3/4 full.

The destination drive is approximately 50% full. Since the "freeze" ocurrs at times before the photos are actually saved into the computer, (When I click on Import to bring the photos into LRC), then the free space should not be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does reading from the camera work? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use SDs to read from so I don't know if the issue ocurrs using a camera. Reading from SDs is faster and easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was to establish if the reader was the issue. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for Import method, the issues have ocurred when I click on the Import button to bring in the photos.

At the top of the Import Screen, Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, Add,

Which one?

The drive the catalog is on is the C drive and is approximately 3/4 full.

Nice, but in percent? This is more of a qualitative issues than quantitative: near 50%

(When I click on Import to bring the photos into LRC), then the free space should not be an issue.

Long standing LrC pain in the rear, You may or may not get a warning, the warning may or may not appear at beginning of import as opposed to when you run out of room. This might have been fixed, This might be urban legand. 

I need to re-ask one, in the Import screen, over on right, the Destination, is it correct?

A LrC oddity, it can be wrong, it can actually not exist, and you may not get, or may overlook an error message..The destination is typically whatever it was last time you imported, If the destination listed no longer exists, you can havev an issue. Blame Adobe, they need these warnings to be more consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The C drive is 50.2% full. (Windows does not report drive percentage usage so I had to calculate it.)

Another separete LRC issue is that sometimes the Import Destination does change without my intevention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably time to communicate with Adobe. On most Adobe web pages, such as Adobe.com, select the Communicate button, that will start a chat, might ask fir a phone conversation via the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have called Adobe Support about this issue which intermittantly ocurrs but it still remains unresolved. I plan on contatcing them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens if an Android device is connected to a Windows machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use an Andriod cellphone to bring in photos but I didn't record if a freeze ocurred then. Next time, I will make note if it ocurrs when the phone is connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I wasn't clear. If an Android device is connected to a Windows machine, Lightroom cannot operate. It doesn't matter whether or not you are trying to import from the device. Just having it connected causes Lightroom to lock up. This has been true for several Lightroom releases, haven't tried it with V10.4 yet. Even if Lightroom is running fine and then the Android device is connected, Lightroom will lock up. I'm only speaking for Windows. To pull photos from my Android photos: 

• ensure Lightroom is shut down
  • connect Android device 
  • create a temporary folder
  • copy photos from the Android device to this folder 
  • Eject Android device *1 
  • start Lightroom
  • import photos from the Tempory folder 

*1: historically it was necessary to eject the device but a recent update to Windows makes that no longer necessary. It can just be unplugged. Still, I always Eject. 

Again, sorry I wasn't clear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines