• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Freezes for almost 2 minutes when it starts after Monterey OS

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated my MacBook Pro to the new Monterey OS, Lightroom Classic does something very frustrating. Here is how it goes: 

• Open Lightroom Classic
  • For approximately 10-15 seconds, the program works fine. 
  • After 10-15 seconds Lightroom freezes, and the spinning color wheel appears. 
  • Lr stays frozen for 2-3 minutes. 
  • Goes back to working fine for the duration of time I'm using it. 

This happens EVERY single time I open the app up. I have a brand new MacBook Pro with 32GB of RAM, i7 processor, and a very high speed SanDisk Extreme Pro 2000/2000 mbs external. I have never had an issue with Lightroom on this new laptop or with operating my Library off of an external hard drive. All of this began AFTER Monterey OS was released and I updated. I ran the software update that was release earlier in January 2022, and the issue is still present. 

Sidenote: All apps and software are up to date, I back up and optimize my LrC catalog regularly (1x daily upon exit). 

Does anyone have an idea on why this is happening or what I could do to repair it? An Adobe help person suggested I turn off the "Use Graphics Processor" option and restart. It hasn't helped. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic and the operating system you are using? Does the app freeze while performing a specific task? 

Your video drivers are included with your operating system updates. Make sure that you have installed all the latest OS updates by choosing Apple menu > About This Mac > Software Update.

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic by:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Also, please check this link to Optimize the performance of Lightroom Classic. Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/hk_en/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines