• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic freezes trying to do a RE-Sync of photos

Participant ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First As the title says classic Freezes trying to do a ew-sync of photo's.  I will explain my setup and issue.

1. Windows 10  with 32 GB memory and Multiple HD's.

2. Due to a Large Catalog, 200k photo's I moved my Catalog from my C: SSD to a ESATA 7200 Segate HD.  (filled the SSD up.

3. Photos are on a separate HD. (Esata attached)

4. I imported 2500 pictures (sports photos') 

5.  I then renamed approx. 2000 outside LR.  my format is RB18xxxx  renamed to RB19xxxx since the seq crossed the 9999 border. (This way I can try and keep a eye on the number of shutter click on my Canon 7DM2.

Now when I try to resync and catalog the for the 2000 pictures the system chokes and wont respond. it just seems to freeze and I get the system no responding message.

I have tried to defrag HD and clean up Catalog no luck.

Any thoughts?  Should I create a NEW catalog?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronbyram  wrote

First As the title says classic Freezes trying to do a ew-sync of photo's.  I will explain my setup and issue.

1. Windows 10  with 32 GB memory and Multiple HD's.

2. Due to a Large Catalog, 200k photo's I moved my Catalog from my C: SSD to a ESATA 7200 Segate HD.  (filled the SSD up.

3. Photos are on a separate HD. (Esata attached)

4. I imported 2500 pictures (sports photos') 

5.  I then renamed approx. 2000 outside LR.  my format is RB18xxxx  renamed to RB19xxxx since the seq crossed the 9999 border. (This way I can try and keep a eye on the number of shutter click on my Canon 7DM2.

Now when I try to resync and catalog the for the 2000 pictures

Exactly what step is this? What is the Lightroom name of the command(s) used when "I try to resync and catalog the for the 2000 pictures"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too have the same type of issue. I have a Folder and I do a sync folder Which already has 4k photos. The system says there are 40 NEW pictures. When I tell it to sync. The system Freezes and gives the Unresponsive reply and the Icon spins. I let it try and process and nothing. then I use task manager to cancel and restart.

I too have backed up catalog, Optimize it and Defrag HD. No luck The pictures in teh folder are a mix of Canon CR3 CRAW pictures from my canon R6 pics and JPG pictures from my samsung S8 Active Cell phone.  Could there be possible Dupes?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines