• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic hangs after startup (Windows 10 after a Windows Update)

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

until yesterday Lightroom was working just fine. Then I updated my Windows 10 Pro to version 10.0.19044. I had to restart my computer and since then, I cannot use Lightroom anymore. I do not know if the Windows Update has anything to do with it, but, as I said, before the update everything was working as it should.

Lightroom starts, but shows no photos and no metadata like directories or collections. When I click on the application, it greys out. The Task Manager says, it is not responding ("Keine Rückmeldung" - I'm using the German version). See attachment.

What I did to try to solve the problem:

- I restarted the computer again.

- I reset the preferences at Startup of Lightroom

- I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom via Creative Cloud Desktop

- I installed the most currect Graphics driver and restarted the computer

Nothing helped.

I looked through the discussions, but did not find a recent posting with a similar issue.

Photoshop / Camera Raw seem to work just fine, but I need to work with the Lightroom Library.

Please help!

Kind regards

Anette

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel,

as I cannot use Lightroom at all, the first link is not applicable.

I forgot to mention, that I tried Solution 2 in the second link as well yesterday, before I reinstalled Lightroom.

There was no "Lightroom Classic CC 7 Preferences.agprefs"-file in the directory mentioned (also not after the reinstall this morning.). Only "Lightroom Classic CC 7 Startup Preferences.agprefs" was in the directory.

However, this afternoon, after reading your reply, I searched and found the file in a backup. I changed it as instructed in Solution 2 and put in in the "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences"-directory.

It did not change the situation. Lightroom is still not responding. When I klick on it, it greys out and says "Keine Rückmeldung".

"Lightroom Classic CC 7 Preferences.agprefs", that I found in my Backup is not the most recent file. It was from May 2022.

I don't know, why there was no file in the directory. I did not remove it. Normally I do not mess with AppData at all.

Regards

Anette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
I just want to give you an update.
It seems, that the Lightroom Catalog File was corrupted. As I make a backup everytime I close Lightroom, I had a recent backup catalog. It opened fine. Lightroom is working again.
Normally Lighroom gives a message, when one tries to load a corrupted catalog. This did not happen in my case, but the software hung itself up.

In any case: it seems that the problem is solved.
Kind regards
Anette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines