Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic hangs on backing-up

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If I close Lightroom Classic and indicate that I want to make a backup, it hangs at the beginning of the 

process. I've been experiencing this problem for a long time and don't know how to fix it. 

I'm afraid if Lightroom crashes once I won't have a backup. 

Lightroom Classic is on an external hard drive, which has more than enough space for the backup. 

I've already tried to have the backup placed on a different hard drive, but the problem persists. 

I ran Lightroom overnight to make sure there was enough time to create the backup, but that didn't help 

either. Yesterday I optimized the catalog, that also has no effect.

Previous backups have also been put on this external hard drive without any issues. 

I am now using MacOS Monterey 12.3.1. Lightroom is up to date: 11.3.1 But this problem also existed with previous versions of MacOS and Lightroom Classic.....

Who knows how i can solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Regina

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to put your "back up catalog" on the same drive as the regular catalog, you are risking having the drive crash and have zero catalog.

My LR application and my catalog (lrcat file) are on my internal drive, and when I close LR, i have it back up the catalog to an external drive - ( I also then clone that drive to another to have two back up copies.)

Still your problem does not seem correct. Can you try to manually copy the LR catalog file and ALL the files in the LR folder (not the photo files themselves) and copy them to a second location for safety.

Then can you try :

Resetting the preferences for LR by:

quitting LR

then just hold down Alt and Shift (Windows) / Opt and Shift (Mac) while opening Lightroom and it’ll ask whether to reset the preferences. The timing is crucial—hold them down while clicking/double-clicking on the app/shortcut.

It will ask if you want to reset the prefs, ay. yes and continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have another hard drive, be it internal or external, to backup to? Would reccomend external 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if the information available in this thread can assist.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines