• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic hangs until Task Manager is opened

Participant ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an extremely odd situation. Sometimes when I open Lightroom Classic, it hangs and Windows will put (Not Responding) in the title bar. It will stay like this until I open up the Windows Task Manager to see what's happening. Nearly immediately after opening Task Manager, Lightroom will continue loading and start working normally again. It is almost as if opening Task Manager reminds Lightroom that it is supposed to be loading.

In Task Manager, nothing unusual seems to be happening. My system load overall is low. There are no weird tasks running that I can see. While Lightroom is frozen, it is using minimal CPU. It appears to be idle. 

This does not happen consistently, but it is frequent. I see it about 3 times out of 5 that I start up Lightroom.  

I have tried different things, including relocating my catalog to a new SSD, creating a new catalog and importing all of my photos and videos into the new catalog. It doesn't matter if I've freshly rebooted the computer or if it has been running for days. The issue still happens with the same frequency.

I have tested to see if just waiting will make Lightroom Classic unfreeze on its own. It doesn't. I have waited as long as 30 minutes and it remains frozen until I open up Task Manager, at which point it continues loading and operates normally.

I am running the latest Lightroom Classic 10.2. This issue has been occuring for the last 2 or 3 months.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Windows 10 x64 (version 20H2)

64GB RAM

AMD Ryzen 3900x

Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti 11GB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Do you by any chance have a Logitech mouse/keyboard/etc? If yes, then check whether the Logitech plugin is installed - delete it if yes. More info at https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-silently-installed-logitech-plugin-causes-problems-for-many-people/5f5f46254b561a3d4276081a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention I have also tried emptying the caches and optimizing my catalog. The catalog is also optimized automatically every week during scheduled LR backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These aren't the issue I'm having

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by any chance have a Logitech mouse/keyboard/etc? If yes, then check whether the Logitech plugin is installed - delete it if yes. More info at https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-silently-installed-logitech...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this makes sense. The problems started soon after I got a new Logitech mouse. I should have known because the silently-installed Logitech plugin for Premiere Pro also causes issues.

I've disabled and then removed the Logitech plugin for Lightroom Classic and have been able to start LR Classic multiple times now without any freezes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming that the issue was resolved by removing the plugin as it may help others resolve similar issues in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines