• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic How to Sync the book layout across my devices

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have just installed LRC from Adobe CC on my Macbook Pro as I am about to leave the house.

I have Synchronized with my Apple Desktop. The collection is there but I cannot find my book layout.

How do I Sync the layout with the pictures in place as created in the Book module?

Regards, Fred Kolman 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends greatly on what you mean by "Synchronized "

And a Book 'Layout' must be 'created' in a specific "Book Collection"- Not a standard Collection. A standard Collection does not record a book layout.

Lightroom-Classic cannot 'sync' Books to other 'Cloud' devices (as it can images in Collections).

To edit your Book in another LrC install you would need to-

Select the 'Saved Book Collection' and [Right-Click] to [Export this Collection as a Catalog]

Then transfer the exported Catalog to the other computer, and open this catalog to continue with the Book.

See the chapter "Self Contained Catalog" at this link-

MULTIPLE COMPUTERS- How to use (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert,

thanks for the feedback and the workaround. Having said that I also have to say I am perplexed to see Adobe did not yet implement a 'Sync-function' for the layout. As you work on a book for hours tweaking the design of say 100 pages and want to continue with some ideas another time another place, the last thing you want to do is mocking around with external harddrives and backups. I'm in a train traveling home and want to go back and forth on itirations of a book on my diffrent devices. Is'nt that the whole idea of Creative Cloud? Looking at  the workaround you pointed me to (from 2016) I understand the problem is persistent. Its a bit disapointing its not resolved yet.

Regards Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Fred for the reply.  Arrh but Lightroom Classic was designed about 2005 when the Adobe Cloud did not exist. And  even with upgrades, it still does not have full sync features. Who knows if it ever will?

So we have to live with the limitations and work-arounds, but I do see your 'point' very well (as another user).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines