• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic import changes Transform/Aspect of photo

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no preset to change anything about the aspect of a photo, yet when I import photos into Lightroom I have to go to Develop/Transform/Aspect and bump the aspect to 100 in order to make the photo look normal. This is a desktop/PC.  I then checked my Surface Pro and imported the same photos. They all look perfect.  They print perfect whereas the desktop prints with a "squished" looking aspect.  I compared the desktop and Surface settings. They are the same. There is NO import setting or metadata that is selected.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled Lightroom Classic on my desktop. Nothing changed. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening and how to fix it!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you're using along with the version of Windows you're running on your computer?

You can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 11.3.1 on my Surface (which renders correctly) and my desktop (which is having the issue)

I am on Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 11 on the Surface.

On the desktop with the issues:

--I have uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled it with no change.

--I have changed the preferences to default with no change.  Prior to that the Preferences were exactly the same on the desktop and the Surface.

--Photos are showing the incorrect aspect when I look at them on the Import screen...even before they are imported into Lightroom.

--I do not have any presets on import but do have Metadata set to a copyrite of 2022 on both the desktop and Surface.

--I checked my monitor and the correct aspect was showing in Lightroom Preferences.

--Presets are not stored with my catalog, so they showed up after I reset the Preferences to default.

Anything else you can suggest I do or check?  I'm at a loss as to what could possibly be causing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am continuing to have this issue. When printing from Lightroom OR Photoshop on my desktop computer, the print preview (and the print) have the aspect changed and the color is slightly off.  I am using a Canon Pro-100 printer.  By aspect, I mean people's faces are narrowed, a bowl is narrowed, etc.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled Lightroom. Didn't help. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the printer and re-downloaded the current drivers.  Didn't help. I reset the printer to factory defaults. Didn't help. I have compared my settings to those of my friend with the same computer running Windows 10 and the same printer. Settings are the same for printing. Her photos come out matching what she sees on the screen. I have re-calibrated my monitor. Didn't help.  I then opened a photo in Windows Picture Viewer and selected print.  The colors and aspect match exactly. This tells me that something is off with Photoshop and Lightroom, but I don't know what to look for or change! In Lightroom, if I select a 4x6 paper, select portrait, turn off all Image Settings, the aspect it correct. However that prints the photo very small in the middle of the 4x6 paper. If I select landscape in the print settings, and turn on zoom to fill and rotate to fit...the aspect of the person's face is narrowed. This does NOT happen to my friend when she has those settings. Since it doesn't happen with the Windows Photo viewer, I have to believe it is not the printer but the Lightroom and Photoshop programs.  It does not make a difference if I select Normal-size, Borderless, Fit to Page, Scaled in my printer properties. HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines