Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic import creates extra subfolders

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ive avoided using import on lightroom because when i create a new folder (within lightroom) to import the photos into, it automatically creates two subfolders under the folder i created, and i cant stop it. It creates a year folder, then another subfolder with the full date. Its a pain,, im sure you can stop it, but i cant find out how. Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 10.19.40.png

Destination subfolders  is unticked

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 10.21.06.png

Any help appreciated

{Moved to Lightroom Classc forum and changed title by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

It's because you've told it to organize (make folders) photos by date. And then in the next box you're telling it to make them by Year, then Date.

That's a good structure. But if you don't want it, you might change Organize to Into One Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because you've told it to organize (make folders) photos by date. And then in the next box you're telling it to make them by Year, then Date.

That's a good structure. But if you don't want it, you might change Organize to Into One Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh ok , i assumed that didnt do anything as i hadnt ticked the box, but now you sat it, it seems obvious !!! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines