• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic import error: an internal error has occurred

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error message trying to import anything into Lightroom Classic. 

AgPathUtils.getStandardFilePath: can't create directory at: /Users/rebeccagrennan/Movies. Error message = %@

I think it is due to an issue I am having with my computer but can anyone tell me how to change where it wants to create the directory? I believe that will solve my issue so I can work for my clients. Thank you. Beck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message " AgPathUtils.getStandardFilePath: can't create directory at: /Users/rebeccagrennan/Movies. Error message = %@" while trying to import images.

Which exact version of Lightroom Classic are you using and what is your computer's OS & its version?

Please checkout the steps below to grant permissions to the Lightroom to import images:

1. Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2. You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol) ~/library
  3. Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.
  4. Right click on Adobe folder and select GetInfo option.
  5. Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.
  6. Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.
  7. Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts.
  8. Add all user accounts and then provide "Read & Write" permission to all user accounts. ( If not okay , just add currently logged in user name and Administrator)
  9. Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Then launch Lightroom application and check.

Let us know if you still face any issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue since Monday hopefully it works for me aswell 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci c'est nickel ca fonctionne

Thank you, it's working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see:

https://osxdaily.com/2020/11/12/macos-big-sur-update-download-errors/

You will need to scroll down some for "Error message = %@"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and the below solutions have not corrected the error message.  Using Lightroom 13.1 release, MacBook Sonoma 14.2.1. I have tried importing images directly from a SanDisk, from an external drive, directly from the camera and image files on my computer. The same error message occurs.

Lightroom error message.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the error dialog, the problem is not where you import the images from, but where you copy them to on import. You have chosen your Movies folder, so the first question is: do you really want to store the images there? Are they movies, not photos? If you really do want to store them in Movies, then check that Lightroom has permissions to do so. First check that Lightroom has full disk access (https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...). If that is set correctly, then select your Movies folder in the MacOS Finder and type Cmd-i. You will get an info dialog for this folder. All the way at the bottom you should see the permissions for this folder. Verify that it is set to 'Read & Write' for you. If that is correct too, then check the permissions for Everyone. If that is set to 'No Access' then you could try if changing this to 'Read & Write' helps, although I doubt it (see the answer from Akash on how to do this).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan but I'm not sure I understand you. When I hit the import button, the error message comes up - there is no option at this stage to save them to a specific location.  This was an option previously as the location was always to a Primary Image folder on an external drive - and never changed from this destination. I don't want to save to a Movie folder (although there are some movies files in the upload which I will edit with Premier). Is there a Preference setting that could have changed with updates? How do you recommend I proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan but I'm not sure I understand you. When I hit the import button, the error message comes up - there is no option at this stage to save them to a specific location.  This was an option previously as the location was always to a Primary Image folder on an external drive - and never changed from this destination. I don't want to save to a Movie folder (although there are some movies files in the upload which I will edit with Premier). Is there a Preference setting that could have changed with updates? How do you recommend I proceed?

By @sandram57030178

Please post a screenshot of your Import Screen, the full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan but I'm not sure I understand you. When I hit the import button, the error message comes up - there is no option at this stage to save them to a specific location. 

By @sandram57030178

Yes, there is such option. You have a selected folder in the import dialog, right panel, Destination tab. That folder was already selected before you hit the 'Import' button, so before the error came up. Right now, your Movies folder is selected as destination. That is what the error message clearly says. So select another folder (the folder where you do want the images to go to) and try again. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/importing-photos-lightroom-basic-workflow.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan - thanks once again. I understand what you are saying as this is the process I would normally use i.e. choosing a destination folder in the import dialog panel. However, the problem currently is that this import screen does not launch whether I select import files from the drop-down menu or the Library Import tab at the bottom left.  In fact, if I select Import Photos and Videos from the File menu option, the screen remains the same. When I use the Import button in Library, I get the error message. So the problem is that I cannot launch the Import Dialogue screen at all to make any changes to the destination folder (if this has changed but as I said, it is very unlikely that I changed the destination to a Movie). I've rebooted and checked all updates. I'm wondering if the problem couldn't be with the fireware on my FujiFim X-T4? But this would not explain why i cannot import from any other source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Create a new catalog and try to import some of the same images. If that does work, then there is a problem with your current catalog, so the steps toward a solution will be entirely different.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I am not winning!  I've uninstalled Lightroom and re-installed it. Am running Mac version 14.3.1 Sonoma. On launching the New catalogue I immediately get an error message about permissions. I followed the instructions to change the permissions to Read & Write in the following folders (all the permissions were already set to Read & Write):

• /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
  • /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/
  • /Users/[user name]/Library/Caches/Adobe/
  • /Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/

I relaunched after checking all the permissions and still get the error message. If I choose to CONTINUE without addressing the error message, the same error message appears as previously and I cannot launch Lightroom. 

Hope you can help. Am so over deadline and Lightroom is the only editing software I'm familiar with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this is about different permissions, namely Lightroom Classic not having 'Full Disk Access' permissions from MacOS. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John - I followed the instructions as per above... System Settings/Privacy and Security/Accessibility and Files and Folders and Full Disk Access and added Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC to access. I then restarted my computer and opened a new Lightroom Classic Catalogue. As soon as I click import, the same error message still comes up. If i open Lightroom CC on my laptop it does allow me to import files (I had not checked this earlier) BUT I do not want to import all these files to CC . I work primarily in Classic and once I have done all my edits etc. I make a selection of images available to clients on CC.  I've never quite understood the full purpose of CC vs Classic but the way i use it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea why this keeps occurring. What you could try is login to a different Mac account on your computer (create a new account if necessary) and see if Lightroom Classic will launch correctly when running in that account.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines