Lightroom Classic, import order not chronological

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic (v11.2, MACOS 12.3, MacBookPro 2016)) does not import files in chronologial order. Files are read from a card in an external card reader. Files are generated from a Canon R5 camera in raw format. During import the files are transfered to a external SSD. Files are renamed on import (yyyy-mm-dd-subject) and saved to a LR file desination. On obersavation the transfered order is not following any logical sequence that I can discern. Transfered files are in correct capture time order. Files are in correct numerical order on the card. Its reproducible. When imported a second copy is made to an external SSD. 

Probem seems to corrrelate with switching to a Canon r5. Earlier filess transfered from a Canon Mark IV seem okay.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has always been like this. It transfers using multiple threads simultaneously to optimize speed and this can result in seemingly random import order.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see where the issue is. Since you rename with date-subject, and you probably order by capture date in the library, where would the import order make any difference?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines