• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic is frozen

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Mac OS Catalina. My lightroom is up to date. I selected edited images to export and lightroom froze when the "export to" window opened. Will I lose my edits if I force quit?

If so, is there a way I can check my catalogue settings to see if the box to automatically write changes into XMP is checked. It's been awhile and I can't remember if I selected that option. 

Or is there a work around to save the edits in the catalogue before I force quit?

Today is the deadline and I'm hoping all my hours of editing aren't lost. I've seen tons of posts on various sites about lightroom freezing and edits lost. I'm hoping to learn that the latest version of lightroom classic automatically saves changes to xmp files? Makes sense to me. Now that would be good news! 

Genie

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, LR is excellent at not losing edits when it freezes or crashes or the computer stops. As you make edits, they are written immediately to the catalog in a way that survies freezes and crashes.  So if your LR fremains frozen, it's safe to force-quit it or restart your computer.

"I've seen tons of posts on various sites about lightroom freezing and edits lost."

I'm not sure where you saw those, but I don't think you'll find many in this forum.

"I'm hoping to learn that the latest version of lightroom classic automatically saves changes to xmp files?"

LR has always had an option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP that is off by default. Some of us turn on that option as a belt-and-suspenders option in case the catalog gets corrupted by disk failure or human error. But most people don't enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You were right. I forced lightroom classic to quit, reopened it, and all my edits were still there. 

Needless to say, I will visit this community for all things LR and PS.

I'm so grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines