• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic is not launching

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already followed this thread and it's still not working for me. The Adobe Lightroom Classic process will show up in the Task Manager but that is it. How do I get Lightroom Classic? Photoshop and other Adobe apps work fine.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following basic information

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Lightroom CC 11.1
  • Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build: 19042.1415
  • There is no error messages.
  • I reboot the computer and the first thing I do once logged in is I click on the Lightroom CC icon either on the task bar, desktop, start menu, or through the Creative Cloud Desktop
  • Here's the screen shot of the problem, Lightroom CC process shows up in the Task Manager but that's it. The application is not launched.
    Lr-taskmanager.png
  • Two Intel Xeon CPU X5690 @ 3.47GHz, 6 cores, 12 logical Processores; Nvidia Quadro P2200; and 96GB of RAM memory.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I found that version 11.01 and 11.1 has this issue. If I went back to version 11.0, it works fine. So, does anyone have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a lock file perhaps not deleated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD Where do I find the lock file? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the lock file and it's still doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another 'old' thread with suggestions that may be worth trying-  including-

A Corrupted Catalog -in the last post,

and a very old method (with amended steps) to give Lr-Classic "High Priority" in Windows OS (that worked in 2018)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-doesn-t-work-it-starts-only-a...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like my .lrcat file or something else related to this file is corroupted. I opened an earlier version (v10) .lrcat file and Lightroom CC launched fine.I don't know what could have caused this problem though. I also setup to backup everytime I closed my Lightroom CC. I wonder if there are ways to recover what I've missed by going back to an earlier version of .lrcat file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to contact Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines