• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Issue - "Photo is Already in Catalog"

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom desktop for years, and have recently started running into an issue when importing new photos. I'll put in my SD card, but in almost every case, a large number of pictures will be greyed out and not able to import, as Lightroom sees them as already being in the catalog.Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.22.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.23.16 PM.png

I've restarted Lightroom many times, formatted my cards, and tried almost everything else I can to fix this, but I've hit the end of my ability to troubleshoot this.

Does anyone have any input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Django+Boletus  wrote

They are brand new photos

Every now and then, people report something like this, especially in the case where the user has the camera re-number each photo shoot to start with photo number 0001. If that's what you are doing, I consider this a bug in Lightroom, and a simple solution is to rename the photos, for example, by placing the letter A into the file name..

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these new photos from your camera, or photos that were on your hard disk for a while?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Django+Boletus  wrote

Every now and then, people report something like this, especially in the case where the user has the camera re-number each photo shoot to start with photo number 0001. If that's what you are doing, I consider this a bug in Lightroom, and a simple solution is to rename the photos, for example, by placing the letter A into the file name..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thank you all, and I'm going to change the settings on my camera to try and avoid this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a New Camera???

I see image numbers like 0004 and 0586.

Do you have the camera set to restart image count every time the card is formatted in camera?

IIRC the Canon image numbering goes up higher than 4 digits. That would only get you 9999 picture before the numbering resets back to 0001.

Is the clock in the camera set correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The numbering on my Canons are only 4 digit so it does roll over every 10,000 pics. I eliminate this issue by renaming after import with a file name like 5D2A-1234 where the first three characters are the camera model , the fourth is A,B,C etc that changes after a rollover and the 4 digits are the original file number.  This eliminates any duplicates of filenames and works well for me.  It beats dates and times for filenames for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the file naming convention you have set for you image captures in your Camera. Numbering can start repeating, just a thought.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines