• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: It is no longer supported to legally use my legal copy

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a license key for Lightroom 6 (and 5 before that) which I bought some time ago.

I knew I wouldn't be getting the latest features of the latest cloud Lightrooms, but then again I wouldn't have to pay the subscription and that's allright with me.

So I went and reinstalled Windows because I bought a new PC.

I spend a couple of minutes googling an URL from which to download Lightroom 6 (still possible, but very well hidden - kind of a d*ck move by Adobe there imo).

I install it, enter my license key. Lightroom says "you have to deactivate on another device first". Can't do that obviously, cause that installation is gone.

I go online to https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices, but that says I don't have any activated devices...nice.

I go to a support chat and the guy tells me "legacy servers, no support, go buy creative cloud".

Srsly Adobe trying to force everyone to switch to CC subscriptions and hiding the download links is kinda customer-unfriendly to say the least.

You could at least be decent enough to ensure the people who actually paid for your software will be able to use it.

All Adobe graphics software I used was awesome (although LR tended to be a little slow).

Great software, sh1tty customer policy...srsly guys...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try going back to the old computer and deactivating it from there? The Adobe system might think that you have it activated in too many computers, so getting it officially off the old one (I hope you still can get there!) should reduce their activation count. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe does not allow us to login to our account and deactivate computers is a mystery. We've been asking for this for years. This is a standard feature of rental software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*koubekson This time I straight up told support I don't want to buy a subscription, so the guy told me to sign out and back in and that it should work now. Great, except I can't sign in in the first place. LR tells me I have to update internet explorer to latest version. Done that, still doesn't work. Did everything they say on the support page and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bill_3305731 Won't hurt to try I guess. Maybe I'll find someone who is able/willing to help me. Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would call again and talk to someone else. I've had this problem several times and when I explained that I just wanted the previous computers deleted, they took care of it in seconds. It would be nice if Adobe would fix the website but after years, I've given up on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richard_kain well like I said that installation is gone (as in "deleted") so unfortunately no. Didn't expect such problems 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You stated in reference to the old computer "deleated"

As in program deleted, or as in computer gone?

If you still have the computer, try to reinstall, then if successful, try to deactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines