• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - Lightroom encountered user permission issues on macOS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Just transferred all my files & apps to new 2019 Imac, getting OSM "Lightroom encountered user permission issues" when i click on Repair to continue it says Lightroom cannot fix permission issues for you automatically.......Help!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you're using? Did you transfer the apps to the iMac using Time machine or something similar? If yes, Please uninstall both the Creative Cloud desktop app & Lightroom using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool & then re-install them to check if that helps. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

You can troubleshoot the user account permissions related issues using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html#Tr...

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

It was version 9.4 Lightroom that was transferred to my new imac using the WiFi transfer.

I'm not very good with instructions you sent  not an expert sorry, do I just uninstall Creative cloud & Lightroom classic then reinstall both from adobe?

Thanks

Regards 

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to say not sure how to use the Creative cloud cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikunj,

Managed to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall both CC & Lightroom Classic then re-installed both.

Still getting the same message in Lightroom Classic "Lightroom encountered user permission issues" when i click on Repair to continue it says Lightroom cannot fix permission issues for you automatically

What is the problem, have Googled this issue & it appears there are thousands of other users having exactly the same issue.

What is the point of paying for the Lightroom portion of the CC subscription if I'm not able to use Lightroom Classic?

Thanks

Regards

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines