• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic lost preferences once a week...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all ! French user of LRC since 2 months, I hhave an annoying issue using it. Sometimes, when I open it, LRC lost his preferences. I'm obliged to toggle my catalog, and set agin all of my parameters as personnal filters, developpement modules etc...

I've tried to reinstall it several times, but the same problem occur again and again... Really boring...

An idea?

Thanks in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

The Preferences file may be corrupted and is now causing this issue. Try starting with a fresh default settings Preferences file by holding down the ALT + SHIFT keys when launcing LrC. Then apply your edits to the Preferences settings. See if they stick!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are regularly losing your preferences, this sounds to me like a problem with your hard disk, where the preferences file is somehow becoming corrupted often. I would run diagnostics on your hard disk to make sure there are no hard disk problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dj_page ! And thanks for your fast reply.

Preferences are stocked on my main disk, an NVME one, which is quite new (6 months, so I think there's no reading error). Catalogs are stocked in an other SSD. I've used LRC since I've started my activity (6 years ago i bought a PC where LRC was already installed). But since I'm using it threw Creative Cloud, I encountered this bug. Is there a way to manually point the road to this preferences file?

Because it time it occur, I have to set it again and it cost me lot of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New disks can malfunction. Check the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a chdsk on C: and no error was found. A memtest too, same result 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe check RAM as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preferences file may be corrupted and is now causing this issue. Try starting with a fresh default settings Preferences file by holding down the ALT + SHIFT keys when launcing LrC. Then apply your edits to the Preferences settings. See if they stick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying that. I inform you if thhe bug occur again 😉 thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, since I've reset preferences as Todd explained, the bug no longer occur. So, finger crossed, you can close the question. Thanks for all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear and thank you for letting us know that fixed the issue, at least so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to reinstall it several times,

What exact file? The file name.

And How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing it threw Creative Cloud, 10.3 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines