• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic lost syncing option (11.0.1)

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Is there a way to determine why my updated lightoom now nolonger shows the option to sync, next to any currently (previously synced) colelction, nor shows the option in the dialog box to create new collections. But the upper right corner Sync options appear to be engaged and working (Cloud with green check). lightroom.com appears synced but it appears I cannot create any new colelctions to sync or update previously sync collections. Any opinions appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the issue? Since when have been seeing this issue?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet?

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences before resetting the preferences by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

You may also check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the reply. I'm including a screen grab of my now reset interface. And the dialog box for creating a new Collection. Notice that it now nolonger has the option to sync to Lightroom. Also, many of my non Smart Collections, in this list, used to have the double headed sync arrow, innthe left side of the list, now missing. Notsure what I clicked on to hide or disbale the sync options when preferences see my lightroom CC account. any help appreciated.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Just wanted to check, if you have tried the steps to reset the preferences shared above? Did that work? 

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Tarun,

I did reset the preferences. My ux changed back to the default but it didn't reset or make my syncing options reappear. The screen grab was from after I reset my preferences.
-Andrew

Andrew J. Hathaway | Principal Solutions Consultant | Adobe Experience Cloud Assets & Dynamic Media | 415-690-6078

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as these things often happen...for some iunknown reason...My Lightroom Classic has appeared to have re-estanblished the syncing function, overnight! I disabled the sync option, last night. This moreinginI re-enbaled it, and it appearsefd to want to sync ~55 files, and my double headded arrows have also reappeared. To me this feels lie the sync function failed and was reestablished, but the tool gives me no way to know that. Happy again, for an unknown reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps after re-enabling the sync option?

I will definitely investigate this issue and will keep you posted.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines