Exit

Lightroom Classic M1MAX cRAW / CR3 slow and stutters

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro 16" M1MAX with 32GBRAM
i shoot with Canon R5 mostly on cRAW.
Lightroom stutters when I do image selection constantly hangs everything. and then takes one to 3 seconds to continue. what is going on? has anyone similar problems?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm the version of Lightroom you are working on? Go to Help > About Lightroom or Lightroom Classic to find the exact version number for the application. Does it slow down when working with any specific tool or operation?

Please go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences in performance, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

There are a series of suggestions related to hardware & software optimization and other in-app operations you can do to optimize Lightroom Classic's performance in this article, and please give this a detailed read through: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic 11.2.

Build 202201281441-a5b5f472

it happens in Gallerie and Development mode.

can it be that there are some performance issues with the comprersed RAW files from Canon on Silicon Chips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an EOS R5, MacBook Pro M1 Pro 32GB and a Mac mini M1 16GB. I don't usually shoot CRAW but shot off a dozen or so to check whether I caould reproduce your issue on my M1 Pro and Mac mini M1. Performance on both is fine. No stutters in Libary module and Develop module sliders all respond as normal.

Did you build your previews at or after import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok this helped:

Please go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences in performance, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

i switcht it off and it was way faster.

after i did this i can use every setting "cosum", "off", and "auto" and it is super fast.

strange! 

thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey sadly i have to reopen this topic. i still have a lots of perfomance issues its soooooo anoying.

i also bought capture one now and its so much faster.

i switch the grafic modes sometimes it helps somtiomes not... its a nightmare to work work with lightroom.
my assistents also hate me for using lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines