• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic masking tool not working, how to fix

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having nothing but issues with lightroom lately. I am in the middle of editing a wedding gallery that HAS to go out. I basically had to keep recompute the masking (because it would reset itself automatically). So as a last ditch effort (after tech support couldn't figure it out), decided to just uninstall and install lightroom classic. Well... it fixed my original problem, but NOW my masks wont select properly. If I do subject select it basically selects half a subject and the background, Almost like one big mask across the image, rather than how it was pretty perfectly selecting people. 

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS. I am so stressed out trying to figure it out. 

Thank yall 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the example in your post? Please include the masking panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems random and I do not have any reasons as to why sometimes it works and others it doesn't.  I select a tool and it works, then I stop using that tool and got to look at my project, see that I need another tool and seleect the circle with the dots in it and .... Poof, I can not see the use another mask or selcet the mask I was previousely useing.  It is very inconsistinat.  Most of the time I have to close out Lightroom and start over and sometimes I have to restart my computer..... very annoiny !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output from Help > System Info could be very useful in troubleshooting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - it would be annoying under any circumstance. Can you see if there are any commonalities such as file type, smart preview versus original, file size? If it happens on a particular image can you create a virutal copy and recreate the problem on the copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines