• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Menu selection locking application

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - just today, if I select any top menu headings or from right click it is causing the application to freeze.  I have to ctrl alt del to close application down.  Any help ideas?  Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset your preferences? ALT+SHIFT on Windows or OPT+SHIFT on Mac. Lightroom will start completely reset to default after you confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I tried ALT SHIFT on my Windows pc, nothing seemed to happen.  The problem still exists?  Perhaps I have misunderstood?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First quit Lightroom and then hold ALT+Shift when restarting LR. You should get a dialog box asking if you want to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  OK, I have reset the preferences, it ran through the start up process, all looked OK, but sadly I still have the problem with any menu item.  This time I tried a right click to set a virtual copy.  I was able to bring up the menu from the right click, but could not select an item from the menu, or ESC out of the menu.  It appears to freeze meaning I need to CTRL ALT DEL to stop from Task Manager 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines