• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic menus become unresponsive when clicking on them

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a menu LR screen freezes and the keyboard becomes unresponsive. The only key which works is the Windows key, which enables me to switch to another program. When I get back to LR, the same issue reappears, which makes LR completely unusable. Same issue with context-sensitive popup menus, but other UI features work fine such as zooming, panels and editing sliders - it's only the native (?) Windows menu and popup. No issues with other programs, including Photoshop.

Fully up-to-date Win 10, with Geforce latest drivers. I've tried Win7 compatibility mode,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

I got very quick and very helpful guide from Prasanjeet from Adobe support:

The issue was that I have a laptop GPU and integrated graphics. I had to disable the integrated graphics, and then enable high performance GPU mode using this guide.
https://www.top-password.com/blog/enable-high-performance-gpu-for-windows-10-apps-or-games/

This worked, and now I have access to my menus back 🙂 Only issue is that GPU-only mode on Razer Blade Pro doesn't work, so I have to go through this every time I want t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

2. Do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste here the first ten lines so we can see exactly which versions you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my preferences, didn't help.

I can't go to Help > System Info because of the bug. Creative Cloud says it's v11.5 - I just upgraded to the latest version, also doesn't fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of other steps that sometimes works around bad behavior:

1. Create a fresh Windows account and try running LR from there.

2. Do a clean uninstall/reinstall of all Creative Cloud apps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Windows account didn't help.

Reinstalling CC and LR didn't help, and now all my settings are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved your previous settings as described in the linked article, you can quickly restore them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it doesn't matter as I can't use LR due to the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried Win7 compatibility mode,

Does that imply that your OS is Windows 7?

I inquire because, Windows 7 is not supported per:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm using Win 10 as stated in the OP. I tested out compatibility mode in case that helps - it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got very quick and very helpful guide from Prasanjeet from Adobe support:

The issue was that I have a laptop GPU and integrated graphics. I had to disable the integrated graphics, and then enable high performance GPU mode using this guide.
https://www.top-password.com/blog/enable-high-performance-gpu-for-windows-10-apps-or-games/

This worked, and now I have access to my menus back 🙂 Only issue is that GPU-only mode on Razer Blade Pro doesn't work, so I have to go through this every time I want to use LR (reboot and disable integrated graphics). Hope Adobe can fix their app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines