Exit

Lightroom classic no longer fully syncing with the cloud

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Hopefully someone can help!?

I have full creative cloud account; run Lightroom classic (current version  11.0.1 ) on a MacBook Pro that is running OS 12.0.1 Monterey and Lightroom mobile V 7.0.2 on a 2021 12.9 M1 iPad Pro.

My workflow -

Once I have shot a project I import all the raw images into Lightroom classic; then create a collection of all the images and sync with Lightroom 

I then open Lightroom mobile on my iPad Pro; the new project syncs pretty much immediately (I have an uncontended line) and select ‘store locally’. Once done I can select/edit from anywhere on the Lightroom mobile/iPad version. I usually just flag or star the images depending on what I am after for those images. The iPad is either connected to Wi-Fi or uses a 5g data connection and also syncs immediately. Then I can return to the desktop MacBook pro lightroom classic and the edits/selections (flag/star) have synced. This was worked flawlessly using various MacBooks, iPads, and versions of Lightroom mobile/classic.

This past week this sync has only worked sporadically and randomly; so for instance I have 500 raw files; they all sync perfectly from classic into the cloud and can be viewed on the Lightroom mobile ipad. I select 164 as a first edit with a star or flag pick; all on the ipad lightroom mobile, it syncs these perfectly to the cloud (I can check using the web browser login to Lightroom); but only some sync back to classic. Sometimes its 68 of the 164 images. Other times its 88 or 32 or 104!!! I try different star ratings or flag options; again all giving different results - but never the full 164 images. It’s the classic version that appears to be broken. It’s driving me crazy……

I restarted both versions; I rebooted machines; I cleared caches; I reverted to a backup version

I reset/rebuilt the sync on the classic lightroom ( in preferences)

I deleted the  file ‘sync.lrdata’ when  Lightroom classic closed; and it rebuilt when first opened again

My cloud storage (although not applicable to smart files sync) has 100gb free space

None of this worked…..

To be clear - the syncing of the actual images works perfectly from classic to the cloud; its the star/flag edits back again that do not; plus I notice it I select 50 images and give them 3 stars in classic - these do not then sync as 3 stars to the cloud / mobile version. The only thing that classic syncs is the images. However ‘some’ of the flag/star selections do appear on classic from the mobile versions - just not all!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

When you go to Lightroom.adobe.com, do you see "Sync Errors" mentioned anywhere? If yes, then try removing some images from that tab and then relaunch Lightroom on the computer.

Let us know if that helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines