• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic no longer opening

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom classic will not open anymore.  It was fine 2 days ago and my photoshop works but lightroom won't.  I have restarted my computer, updated the app (said my lightroom was open but I had no way to access it at all), and tried opening it through other ways but it still won't open.  When I click on it, my mouse has the loading symbol for a second then it goes away and nothing happens, how do I fix this without redownloading it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom? Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic v 11.2 on a windows system (I believe windows 10?) on a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightrooms' crashed and appears closed, either task manager to force it to quit or a restart are required. If this isn't working, try resetting the preferences. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive openend it in task manager and I only get the option to end task, so I ended all the tasks involving lightroom and tried to open it back up to no avail.  It says its running in the background everytime I try to open it though, is that possibly the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"said my lightroom was open..."

If I interpret this another way, it possibly means that a .LOCK file is preventing you from opening the catalog.

LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Followed this, deleted my lock files and still have no lightroom.  Im not even getting an error file of any kind it just doesn't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines