• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic no longer working with Mac Pro (late 2013)

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App: Lightroom Classic 12.0.1

Platform: Mac Pro (late 2013)

LRc is no longer working on my Apple Mac Pro (late 2013) since Oct 2022. Prior to this I have had no issues.

After starting LRc, the process becomes non-responsive with a spinning wheel. Sometimes it gets to opening the LRc window and sometimes it freezes loading AdobeStock plugin.

Force quiting may or may not stop LRc but even when LRc appears to close restarting the Mac reports a LRc process stops the Mac progressing.

I have gone as far as completely rebuilding my Mac Pro and reinstalling all current MacOS versions including Monetery and Big Sur as well as versions of LRc 11.5 and 12.0.1. I have also followed suggestions on other posts here. None has resolved the issue. I have to operate LRc on my MacBook Pro to access my extensive LRc library built up over the past 16+ years.

Photoshop 24.0 (2023) and Bridge 13.0 still work on my rebuilt Mac Pro under MacOS 11.7.

I would ask Adobe to confirm whether the Mac Pro (late 2013) - trash can - is still being supported or whether I have been wasting my time. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does LRC 11.1 work? And what about LRC 11.2? I personally can't open anything past 11.1 - even on a clean OS install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to 11.5 but will try earlier versions. I can't pin down which auto update broke my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this morning installed all past versions from 11.0 onwards. All exhibit the same non-responsive crash as above. LRc is definately broken with the Mac Pro (late 2013). I have tried to report this as a BUG but Adobe staff keep moving it to Discussion. Obviously, they don't wish to acknowledge that loyal users have a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines