Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic no longer works after updating to macOS Big Sur on iMac

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy, I'm really stuck here.

I was operating LR 6.14 on system Mohave for a long time. Then I upgraded LR to LR Classic while still keeping LR 6.14 on my hard drive. LR Classic has worked very well.

UNTIL NOW

I just did a system upgrade to Big Sur, and find that LR Classic is no longer working properly. I have discovered LR Classic no longer takes my watermark. And if I continue to work with it, I probably will find other things aren't working properly either.

Finally, I took the Lightroom app and "Uninstall Adobe Lightroom" and placed them in the trash, thinking I had better not use the 'uninstall' until I was sure I should do that. But with the old Lightroom in the trash, Lightroom Classic still won't accept any of my watermarks.

So that's where I'm at right now. Help will really be appreciated- thanks!

Richard

{Thread title edited & email ID removed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Please try re-installing Lightroom Classic through the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if that helps.

Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "Lightroom Classic won't accept any of my watermarks"? What exactly are you trying to do and what does (not) happen?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was the LrC v10? Or worse v10.1?

If so, many issues on many MACs, Roll back to v9.4

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines